OUR MISSION & ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE
The mission of Auberge Shalom pour femmes (ASPF) is to provide a safe shelter, counselling, and advocacy support for the full diversity of women and children affected by conjugal violence, as well as to break the cycle of conjugal violence through education, prevention and advocacy. Auberge Shalom pour femmes has a special mandate to serve women from the Jewish community. ASPF offers a continuum of professional services in both a shelter setting and in an external counselling office, all of which are provided in a safe, confidential and supportive environment. For over three decades, ASPF has provided safety and support to over 8,000 women and children. Auberge Shalom is committed to a high standard of care. Working from a strength-based, trauma-informed approach we empower women and their children on their journey towards violence-free lives. Through the various programs in shelter and in the Harper Counselling Office, our clients have access to different entry points and continuous support. ASPF works towards ensuring accessibility for all populations without discrimination.
SCOPE OF THE POSITION
This exciting role will afford an experienced and passionate fundraising professional the opportunity to make a significant impact for a meaningful cause. In all areas, the Director of Development will work closely with ASPF’s Executive Director, Administrative Team, Board of Directors and committee volunteers. Under the supervision of the Executive Director and in close collaboration with her, the incumbent is responsible for establishing and developing relationships with donors, prospects, and professionals in the field with a view to increasing major gifts to support ASPF programming and sustainability.
Specific responsibilities for the Director of Development include but are not limited to the following:
● Develop and implement a comprehensive major gifts and donor stewardship strategy
● Identify, develop and steward community, individual and corporate prospects for the organization’s fundraising priorities
● Coordinate the recognition activities associated with gifts
● Lead and coordinate fundraising activities including events and campaigns
● Serve as the main point person for ASPF’s “Development Committee”
● Identify and recruit volunteers tasked with soliciting major gifts
● Prepare solicitation package for committee volunteers and support their fundraising efforts
● Manage timeline for solicitation, communication and reports for donors
● Develop and implement a corporate sponsorship strategy
● Work closely with the ASPF Administrative team to implement a seamless pledge tracking, receipting and appreciation process
● Oversee the tracking of income and regular budget oversight
● Undergraduate Degree
● 3 - 5 years experience working with non-profit organizations in fundraising and development
● Bilingual in English and French
● Proven experience and success with planning/execution of events, partnerships and campaigns
● Strong knowledge of principles and techniques relevant to major gift fundraising and stewardship
● Proficient in MS Office Suite and G-suite
● Experience with donor databases (preferably DonorPerfect) and prospect tracking systems
● Familiarity with the philanthropic community of Montreal
● Knowledge of the issue of domestic violence and women’s rights a strong asset
● Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
● High attention to detail and ability to problem-solve and innovate
● Irreproachable ethics, discretion and complete respect for confidentiality
● Promote a respectful and collaborative work environment
● Highly motivated with a demonstrated ability to build constructive and effective relationships – both internally and externally
● Ability to mobilize others to reach objectives in a team environment
● Ability to engage effectively with volunteers and staff
OUR UNIQUE CULTURE & WHAT WE OFFER
Auberge Shalom is a special, highly inclusive work environment that values the role each employee plays in supporting our critical mission to break the cycle of conjugal violence. We provide a supportive and learning-focused environment where we strive for each employee to reach their full potential. We recognize the importance of work-life balance, wellness, and a safe, inclusive and welcoming workplace that values strong work ethics, diversity and respect for all.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
● Permanent position
● Salary commensurate with experience
● Full benefits package including a pension plan and group insurance
● Contract Start Date: Begins as soon as possible
● Flexible work schedule
Auberge Shalom pour femmes is committed to creating a workplace as diverse as the communities we serve and thus strongly encourages people from our diverse communities and people who experience marginalization to self-identify in their cover letter.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!