Hours of Work Per Week: 40 hrs/wk
Scheduled Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm
At WJS Canada, our passion is to improve the lives of children, youth and families who are facing challenges. This new, busy administration office will support the essential work of the WJS Family Services programs, social services staff and management in Ft McMurray and area.
The WJS Strong Families program, is a new program/service in Ft McMurray.
The Administrative Assistant will assist the program management with preparing and maintaining client and employee files, scheduling and pre-evaluation documents, completing recruitment requests, conducting reference checks, petty cash and expense reports, as well as, coordinating the social services drive program and other administration items for the programs as needed.
In Your Role You Will
• Telephone and in-person reception
• Organize and store confidential client & employee personnel records & files (electronic and paper), incoming information/documents, etc.
• Schedule appointments for various services.
• Direct clients to appropriate agencies, contacts and/or service providers.
• Prepare, code & submit for approval invoices, bills, expense claims, etc.
• Complete payroll time sheets, leave requests and other personnel forms.
• Create program reports, documentation and written communications.
• Work with Program Manager to coordinate the drive program - Coordinating/scheduling social services drives for families in within the local area, etc.
• Liaise with funding agencies and other WJS offices.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Completion of post-secondary Certificate/Diploma (Administration or Human Resources)
• 1+ years experience in an office environment
• Demonstrated ability to type 60 wpm
• Excellent Microsoft Office 365, Word, Excel skills
• Previous experience with client/personnel file maintenance, data systems, payroll and invoicing
• Good word processing and spreadsheet data entry skills
• Must have a reliable vehicle
What WJS Canada does
• Make a positive difference in the lives of the people you serve.
• Provide standard-setting service.
• Enhance and strengthen your community.
• Enjoy a challenging, safe, healthy and rewarding workplace.
Our Employees Enjoy
• An excellent Health and Dental benefit plan, with premiums paid by the employer!
• A fair and equitable wage.
• Innovation that sets and defines new standards of care.
• An empowering balance of independence and supervision.
• World-class staff training and personal development.
We recognize that equity diversity and inclusion (EDI) is an important element in our work and in our day to day lives.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!