Do you want a purpose filled life? Are you looking for work-life balance? Are you enthusiastic about delivering superior services and care to clients? Are you results focused with an emphasis on quality and quantity standards with great attention to detail? Do you thrive in a diverse and change-positive work environment? Do you value a professional, positive, and supportive team?
Join Interval House’s Growing Team:
The Community Program team is a group of caring, dedicated staff that provides a continuum of services including integrated and specialized services to help women build their economic self-sufficiency (BESS). The Program’s many services include employability skills coaching, finding jobs, partner with employers and linking them with suitable clients, supportive one on one counselling, life skills workshops as well as housing support and referrals to other services.
The Senior Housing Coordinator position will report to the Community Programs Manager.
Job Type: Permanent Full-Time
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Work Arrangement: Hybrid flexible
Location: Toronto, Ontario
You will benefit from:
• Work/Life balance
• Competitive compensation
• Employer fully paid Group Insurance benefits
• Employee Assistance Program
• Paid vacation and sick benefits
• RRSP benefits
• Career growth and professional development opportunities
Do you have?
• Relevant Social Services education
• Knowledge and experience related to housing programs and services
• Ability to manage projects, writing proposals and reports
• Ability to build and maintain mutually strong and productive partnership with external stakeholders
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills
Apply your education and knowledge to make a difference in women’s lives by:
• Analysing the housing legislations and trends to establish strategies that will assist clients’ acquisition of housing in the transitional and private market.
• Educate clients on finances, income sources, budgeting, client/landlord relationship and rights and responsibilities.
• Develop case plans to promote and support Interval House’s efforts to rebuild clients lives within their communities.
Strengthen your skills and abilities in:
• Program strategic planning and implementation
• Analysing data and preparing written reports, as well as verbal reporting
• Advocacy, networking, and outreach activities to market the program
• New projects/challenges
• Risk identification and mitigation
• Understanding of the housing market information and settlement resources in Toronto
• Understanding the challenges/barriers affecting women who have experienced intimate partner violence
• Delivery of a high level of customer service to all stakeholders
• Providing guidance to Housing Coordinator
• Positive interpersonal relations
• Attention to detail
• Handling administrative responsibilities
• Client case management database; Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Access, and Power Point
Established in 1973, Interval House is Canada’s first shelter for women and children experiencing abuse. We are trailblazers in the campaign for women’s empowerment and independence and we provide innovative, specialized, and transformative services that help to break the cycle of intimate partner violence.
Good to Know:
We thank all applicants. Please note, only applicants who meet the requirements will be contacted.
Proof of full Covid-19 vaccination (including booster shot) against Covid-19 is required before hire date.
Must be eligible to commit to a permanent employment contract.
All successful applicants must agree to undergo a police vulnerable sector check.
Interval House demonstrates its commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, respect in the workplace and does not condone any form of discrimination and workplace violence.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!