We’re expanding our HR team!
Healthcare Excellence Canada (HEC) works with partners to spread innovation, build capability and catalyze policy change so that everyone in Canada has safe and high-quality healthcare. Through collaborations with patients, caregivers and people working in healthcare, we turn proven innovations into lasting improvements in all dimensions of healthcare excellence.
If you would like to contribute to the safe and high-quality healthcare of Canadians, apply to the position below and join HEC!
Term: Permanent Full-Time
Reports to: Director, People & Culture
Salary Range: $81,600 - $102,000
Location: Our head office is in Ottawa, Ontario; however, we support remote work outside Ottawa or a blend of onsite/work from home within the National Capital region. We are a Pan Canadian Healthcare organization and welcome candidates from across Canada.
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) will develop partnerships across the organization to support and lead in all areas of human resources with the ultimate goal of enhancing and building on our strong company culture. The HRBP will also provide guidance to the management team to ensure that HR programs are designed and delivered in a manner that is consistent with HEC values and culture, while supporting outcomes within organizational strategy.
Your core responsibilities include:
- Managing all aspects of full-cycle recruitment efforts: develop plans and timelines, postings, and interview questions, participating in interviews, salary negotiations and employment offers.
- Working closely with staff regarding HR practices, issues, and concerns. Collaborating/sharing information with colleagues from across HEC in human resources practices and processes.
- Assists in building the capacity of leaders across the organization by ensuring that managers are invested in talent development and equipped with the resources, skills, and mindsets to effectively manage and develop their teams.
- Leading and delivering HR-related corporate training and employee development plans.
- Developing programs to increase HEC’s equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts.
Education and experience you will need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, or equivalent post-secondary education in a related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years human resources experience required, preferably in a healthcare or not-for-profit (NFP) organization.
- You are bilingual in English and French (English communications at Advanced “C” level; French communications at Intermediate “B” level).
- Advanced computer software skills in Microsoft office suite in a virtual environment required.
You will be a great fit for this role if you have:
- You have a Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) or Certified Human Resources Leader (CHRL) designation.
- Outstanding customer service, high expectations for quality and high degree of professionalism.
- Highly developed interpersonal and bilingual oral communication skills including experience developing and maintaining strategic partnerships.
- Strong coaching, problem-solving and project management skills.
- Self-motivated with desire to contribute to the success of healthcare improvement within Canada.
What HEC can offer You:
- Competitive salary with bilingual bonus
- Full access to our comprehensive benefit plan as of Day 1
- Summer Hours (Office closes at noon) and holiday break closure in December
- Generous vacation and personal leave plans
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Programs
- Fitness and Wellness Allowance
- Remote Work/Parking Allowance
- Paid professional association fees
- Educational and development opportunities
- On site (Ottawa) gym and complimentary coffee/tea
- Social activities
All employees must be in compliance with HEC’s vaccination policy.
*HEC is open to exploring the possibility of secondments and interchanges with other organizations as part of our recruitment process.
For complete details, please see the Human Resources Business Partner job description.
Healthcare Excellence Canada (HEC) is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity and inclusivity. HEC is committed to building teams with a variety of backgrounds, skills and views, as the more inclusive we are, the more impact we can have. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous persons, and persons with disabilities. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.