The Ottawa Community Foundation is a public, charitable organization created by and for the people of Ottawa. As the charity for charities, it leverages philanthropic resources to strengthen and empower the charitable sector in the National Capital Region and beyond. We strive to create positive, systemic, and sustainable impact with engaging philanthropy, strategic granting, social infrastructure building, and community leadership.
Working under the direction of the Senior Communications Associate, the Associate creates, packages, coordinates, and promotes stakeholder-facing communications. The role will also focus on developing and refining processes and building knowledge to improve stakeholder engagement. This is a full-time bilingual Ottawa-based position currently operating in a remote work environment.
The ideal candidate will be someone who:
- can work collaboratively on multiple concurrent projects and tasks across teams
- communicates effectively (oral and written) with strong attention to detail
- demonstrates fluency and expertise in digital marketing tools and platforms
- learns new systems and processes quickly
- utilizes effective research and analytical ability
- shows competence in working independently
- has the desire to learn and grow towards strategic communications work
Supporting the organization’s Communications function, the Associate:
- manages communications requests from all departments at the organization
- drafts, produces, and packages communications material that reflects the organization’s vision, themes, priorities, and opportunities
- maintains social media/diversity calendar(s) in alignment with OCF’s brand
- implements website updates, including editing content and publishing new posts
- assists in designing, producing and updating as required the organization’s publications and materials (e.g., Annual Report, newsletters, advertisements, presentations)
- coordinates with external suppliers for communications-related needs
- provides support for stakeholder panels, presentations, or other public events
Required Skills, Attributes, Competencies
- Substantive experience in leading or supporting client-centric projects with clear outcomes related to communications
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proficiency with social media platforms and related applications (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Hootsuite), and WordPress
- Experience with creating PowerPoint presentations and using graphic design platforms such as Adobe Creative Cloud and Canva
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and take initiative under tight deadlines
- Research and analytical skills to improve knowledge and best practices for stakeholder engagement
- Bilingual in English and French (written and oral)
- Residing in the National Capital Region
- Experience working in a social impact organization, such as a non-profit, charity, community organization, or social enterprise.
- Understanding and knowledge of the philanthropic sector
Salary range is $50,000 – 55,000
This is a full-time, 37.5 hour per week position with full benefits, annual paid leave, and employer RRSP contributions.
Please include your resume and cover letter stating how you meet the requirements.
Additional requirements: Include two writing samples as Word or PDF documents that highlight your work. One of the two writing samples may be in French. We hold all applications in confidence.
The Ottawa Community Foundation encourages applications from all candidates who meet the eligibility criteria. Candidates who are Indigenous, Black, racialized, with disabilities, from gender and sexually diverse communities or with intersectional identities are encouraged to self-identify to further the Ottawa Community Foundation’s employment equity initiatives.
Application Deadline: August 15, 2022, at 12:00p.m.
We appreciate all applications but will only contact candidates selected for an interview.