Location/Lieu: Victoria, BC
Position/Poste: Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist, Customized Employment – Full Time - 35-hour work week
March of Dimes Canada, Employment Services works with communities, businesses and people to create sustainable employment opportunities. We offer services designed to meet each candidate’s unique needs and enable them to reach their employment goals. We work with employers to identify, prepare, hire and retain qualified candidates, saving them time and money. We work closely with disability stakeholders and are a choice employment service provider for employers seeking to access this unique labour pool. Customized Employment (CE) is a flexible process designed to personalize the employment relationship between a job seeker and an employer in a way that meets the needs of both. CE involves providing individualized employment services to clients with complex needs and/or barriers to achieve and maintain employment.
March of Dimes Canada is a subcontractor of WorkBC in Victoria; WorkBC is a BC government program that connects job seekers and employers – helping people find jobs, explore career options and improve their skills, and helping employers find the right talent and grow their businesses.
- Accept referral and review the client plan/documentation as provided by the referral source;
- Provide services to adults who have disabilities and are challenged by employment barriers;
- Assist individuals with disabilities to ensure they are successful in the Employment Placement Services program;
- Conduct needs assessments, and labour market research;
- Provide job placement services including job development, coordination of on the job supports, job site analysis, job accommodation and job coaching; assisting and supporting clients in achieving sustained employment
- Provide employment and motivational counseling;
- Case manage services to ensure timely and cost-effective service delivery;
- Complete required service reports;
- Achieve quality service standards for client satisfaction, timely delivery of service and employment outcomes.
- The Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist may be required to work some evenings and weekends.
- Post-Secondary Certificate, Diploma or Degree relevant to providing client services to people with disabilities;
- Working towards or holding an associated relevant professional certification (i.e. Registered Rehabilitation Professional (RRP), or equivalent RCCS, RVP) and/or Certified Career Development Practitioner (CCDP);
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in Vocational Rehabilitation with people with disabilities;
- Sensitivity to issues/barriers that people with disabilities experience.
Demonstrated experience in:
- Assessing complex client needs in specialized areas, such as physical limitations, developmental disabilities, mobility skills, and cognitive, social and emotional barriers;
- Interpreting clinical assessments;
- Delivering customized employment, job coaching and job development services;
- Familiarity with current methods of vocational rehabilitation, career counseling including assessment, service planning, job search skills, job analysis and job placement;
- Excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills;
- Well-developed time management, organization and teamwork skills;
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, work well under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite; familiarity with ICM is an asset;
- Ability to document, maintain records and write reports;
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
Salary Range / Échelle des salaires: 54,072 per year / $29.70 per hour
Applications accepted until/Candidatures acceptées jusqu’au (mm/dd/yy) Until filled
Send application and resume to/Adressez votre demande d’emploi et curriculum vitae à:
Name: Karen Reid
Position: Senior Manager Operations B.C. - Employment Services
Please note that March of Dimes Canada has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by receiving all required doses of a vaccine approved by Health Canada at least 14 days prior to the commencement of their employment, or as otherwise recommended by public health authorities. We will provide reasonable accommodation to individuals who are unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons or on the basis of any other protected ground, as required under applicable human rights legislation.
March of Dimes Canada is committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive, equitable and accessible. We welcome applications from qualified individuals that reflect the abilities and diversity of the populations we serve. March of Dimes Canada will proactively provide accessibility solutions to job applicants throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.