The Burnaby Neighbourhood House is a volunteer driven community based social service agency that provides programs and services in response to identified community needs. The role of the Youth Employment Case Worker is to provide support to and job development opportunities for vulnerable youth 15 to 30 years old.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides individual employment counselling and life skill coaching to youth and maintains ongoing support throughout the project.
- Supports the promotion and recruitment of the program
- Works with and supports chosen businesses to provide workplace experiences to youth
- Works with the Coordinator to identify and develop placements for youth into suitable work experiences.
- Works with the Coordinator to research suitable skill based training that will support work placement.
- Develops curriculum/program and facilitates the Group Employment Workshops.
- Works with the Coordinator to provides individualized needs assessment of skills and employment and education goals
- Facilitates connections to BNH literacy assessments and one to one tutoring support and other supports as necessary
- Liaises with each youth’s existing support network and provide appropriate referrals for additional supports
- Provides progress assessments of youth and report writing as required.
- Promotes Neighbourhood House program philosophy by ensuring programs have the opportunities to interconnect and achieve client integration across program areas.
- Excellent experience working with vulnerable populations between the ages of 16 to 30.
- Knowledge and awareness of issues surrounding diversity and multiculturalism and vulnerable populations
- Experience with individualize counselling and coaching
- Excellent group work and facilitation skills
- Excellent cross cultural communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience working in a community based organization an asset.
Hours of Work & Rate of pay: 35 to 40 hours/week -- $22.66 - $24.04, dependent on experience
Term of position: until end of September – with possible extension with funding
Accountability: This position reports to the Youth Employment Coordinator
Closing Date: Until position is filled
Position Starts: ASAP