The Burnaby Neighbourhood House serves as a community focal point – a place where families and individuals can go to get support and services; a place where new immigrants become involved in their community and can find information and resources that will help them with their adaptation and integration into the community; where seniors and youth can gather; and where all these groups can come together in activities and events that aim to link generations and cultures and create a stronger community.
It seeks the involvement and input of community members in the development and implementation of supportive programs and services. It draws residents together to create a healthier community through their involvement.
We are currently seeking an Administrative Supervisor who is responsible for supporting the Program Director and Hub Coordinators with the administration duties of our child care programs.
Creating job postings and ensuring they are sent to the appropriate places
Completing reference checks
Preparing employment packages
Submitting completed packages to payroll department
Booking facilitators, space, food, etc. for staff development days
Type and distribute minutes from hub meetings
Maintain staff qualifications database
Program Quality Control:
Collect and file monthly OHS and Safe Play Space inspections report and assist in ensuring any issues are dealt with in a timely manner
Assist in purchase program supplies and equipment and in booking out trips for school breaks
Booking facilitators, space, food, etc. for parent nights
o Advertising in appropriate places when spaces are available
o Maintain accurate waitlists
o Offering spaces upon space availability
o Identify any child who has special needs and with the Program Director ensure correct placement and funding if applicable
o Meet with parents to complete registration, provide with subsidy application if needed and review parent manual
o Entire children’s files in database
Issuing cheque requisitions for fee refunds
Ensure all P.A.D. agreements are up to date and reconciled accordingly when families leave
Assists Program Director in getting quotes and purchasing for minor capitol grants
Collect fees and maintain financial records for families
Follow-up with parents who have outstanding fees
Monitor any discrepancies between payments and fees owing
Issue yearly tax receipt
Assist families in applying for Affordable Child Care Benefit and ensure their agreements are kept up to date
Assist families in applying for BNH internal subsidy and ensure their agreements are kept up to date
Manage all withdraws according to BNH policies
Track monthly enrollment numbers for CCOF and submit to Program Director
Maintain monthly statistics and submit for BNH annual report
Other duties as required
1. Knowledge and awareness of issues surrounding diversity and multiculturalism.
2. Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
3. Leadership, Administration and Management in Child Care certificate (or
willingness to get within 3 months of hire date).
4. Post-secondary education in Business Administration, Communications or Marketing
5. Completion of Early Childhood Educator, Early Childhood Educator Assistant or Responsible Adult an asset.
6. At least two years previous experience in an office/administrative role.
7. Must be detail-oriented and accurate with an aptitude for working with numbers.
8. Excellent computer skills and experience. Knowledge of ACCESS, Word, Excel, desktop publisher.
9. Current 1st Aid and CPR certification.
10. Current criminal record check.
11. Documented compliance with BC’s immunization and tuberculosis control programs.
12. Documentation of COVID-19 double vaccination.
13. Knowledge of Community Care Licensing regulations an asset.
14. 2nd language an asset.
Direct Report: Program Director
Hours of Work: 30 hours per week
$20.37-$21.61 (depending on experience). Upon successful completion of probation period, we offer 10 sick days per year, 2 weeks paid vacation, extended health benefits, RRSP benefits and professional development opportunities.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!