Title: Analyst - Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E)
Location: CAN - Flexible
Employment status: Permanent Full Time
Salary band: $62,788 - $78,485/ year
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC), an iconic brand and one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet, is seeking an Analyst, Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) to join our Quality Management team.
You have a passion for helping others, and want to work with other dedicated individuals? By applying, you are taking a big first step to be part of an exciting organization.
At the Canadian Red Cross, we are guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons to apply, particularly Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, racialized people, and people with diverse gender identities and sexual orientations, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
As a member of the Quality Management team, the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Analyst will apply strong coordination, relationship building, and analytical skills to support the implementation of CRC initiatives aimed at strengthening organizational accountability around quality of services as framed by the Quality Assurance Policy and Framework.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Quality Management, the M&E Analyst will be responsible for working closely with CRC teams to actively support them to reflect on and capture operational results, successes, challenges and learnings and help them translate the learnings into priorities for improvement. The M&E Analyst will work in collaboration with operational teams, service owners and SMEs, and actively participate in supporting them and facilitating the implementation of processes and tools for monitoring, evaluation, and quality improvement, including mid-response reviews, after-action reviews and debriefs.
The M&E Analyst will contribute to the success of the matrix model, agility of the organization, delivering against the One Red Cross vision and interoperability, generate learnings and implement improvements and innovations within programs.
In this role, you will:
- Be the point of contact for operational, service, and functional leads seeking support on real time and after-action reviews and debriefs to identify successes, challenges, and recommendations for improvement.
- Provide supports in the form of guidance, coordination, facilitation, analysis, reporting, training and more, as needed, to implement standardized M&E pathways and toolkits for operational debriefs and after-action reviews, and other monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Provide coaching and change management support to stakeholders for the successful roll out of new and standardized pathways and toolkits for operational debriefs and after action reviews.
- Gather feedback to continuously improve the pathways and toolkits to promote consistency, transparency and visibility into our successes, challenges, and improvement plans.
- Facilitate continuous learning within CRCS through collection and dissemination of learnings and best practice from reviews and debriefs, and development and delivery of relevant training and mentoring.
- Guide and support leaders in planning on how they intend to prioritize and address the findings and recommendations from debriefs and after action reviews, in order to further improve the quality of programs and services.
- Support and engage with a wide range of stakeholders on improvement planning, problem solving, and quality improvement initiatives as required.
- Fosters team work and collaborates to fulfill the agreed objectives, needs and expectations.
What we are looking for:
- University degree in a research related field or equivalent through work experience.
- Minimum five (5) years experience in supporting planning, in project coordination, research, monitoring and evaluation, and continuous improvement activities, preferably in humanitarian and development sectors.
- Knowledge of qualitative data collection and analysis tools and techniques. Knowledge of quantitative data collection and analysis is an asset.
- Familiarity with relevant software applications (e.g. Office, Access, Project, Power BI, Smartsheet or similar)
- Knowledge of participatory planning, monitoring and evaluation methodologies and quality improvement, problem solving, and/or change management methodologies (e.g. Lean Six Sigma, Prosci) is an asset.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English is essential. Ability to work in French is a strong asset.
- Demonstrates strong facilitation skills and competencies. Highly skilled at coordinating and facilitating meetings, workshops, training and/or other types of sessions that involve a broad spectrum of stakeholders.
- Client services skills are necessary and required.
- Resilience and adaptability to work well in ambiguous and evolving situations
- Work from home position, remote office.
- Domestic travel may be required for up to 5% of the time.
- This position requires a satisfactory Canadian criminal record reference check
- Contributes to a healthy and safe working environment.
- Eligibility to work in Canada: At this time, we welcome applications from candidates eligible to work in Canada. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, we encourage you to carefully review your visa to find out whether you are eligible to work in the job you are considering applying for. Refer to our FAQ for more information.
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position and operation (the CRC will however adhere to its duty to accommodate those who are unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground)
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.