Patron Services Coordinator
Department: Patron Services
Report to: Assistant Manager of Patron Services
Status: Full Time, Permanent
Salary Range: $40,000 to $45,000
Competitive Benefits package.
We are looking for an experienced, dynamic individual with a passion for customer service, ticketing and arts administration.
The Patron Services Department works in a fast-paced environment, focusing on providing an exceptional and engaging customer service experience for all patrons and donors. Typical services include ticketing, receiving donations, inbound and outbound calls, Live Chat, email, and other general inquiries.
Office hours are generally Monday to Friday, from 9 AM to 5 PM. Additional hours are required to work evening and weekend concert duty, primarily at Roy Thomson Hall and George Weston Recital Hall, as well as occasional meetings and office work during peak times of the season.
You will be a part of the Patron Services Management Team and provide concierge level service to all of our patrons where our goal is to exceed expectations.
In this position, you will begin working from the TSO office and upon the completion of the 3 month probation period, may transition into a hybrid work model of 3 or more days a week in the office, and the others working remotely from a secure location in your home. The TSO office is
located at 145 Wellington Street West, Toronto, Ontario.
Employee Relations Support:
- Provides training, coaching, and creates a positive team environment for the Patron Services team to achieve consistent delivery of exceptional service and patron engagement.
- Supports Assistant Manager in overseeing the Patron Services Team, including setting daily and weekly tasks, hiring, developing, evaluating, and coaching to promote a safe, inclusive, creative, and results-oriented workplace culture.
- Support Assistant Manager with daily duties including monitoring phone queue, Live Chat, and Contact Us emails.
- Remain current with legislative training as it pertains to patron service (i.e., AODA, Bill 168, Bill 132).
- Supports Assistant Manager to ensure TSO concerts, events, campaigns, offers, pricing changes, special promotions and customer service information are accurately and effectively communicated to staff through updates to TSO Intranet.
- Monitors Contact Us, patron comments, complaints and general feedback. Responds to escalated customer service enquiries, identifies challenges and opportunities and works with the Assistant Manager of Patron Services to implement solutions.
- Identify potential problems and report to management, developing solutions wherever possible.
- Work in collaboration with the department management team to optimize operational processes and procedures.
- Supports Patron Services team during busy times, assisting patrons by phone and in-person with series & single ticket orders, ticket exchanges, tax receipt processing, and RSVPs for Friends events.
- Monitor ticketing system and liaise with ticketing system support staff and department management to resolve problems.
- Participate in a rotating schedule of weekend monitoring of Contact Us email.
- Assist with covering duties of Assistant Manager and Patron Services Coordinator during absences.
- Remain current and knowledgeable about TSO and TSYO performances, TSO Friends Donor Program and Events, TSOUNDCHECK Program, Subscription Packages, Single ticket and Group Sales policies and practices, promoting each, where appropriate.
- Assist with other duties/projects as required.
- Provides patron service support to Patron Services Representatives, as it pertains to Tessitura processes.
- Provides feedback to management with respect to daily summary of patron comments and concerns.
- Handle escalated customer service challenges beyond the scope of the Patron Service Representative.
- Oversee presentation and operations of the Patron Services Centre, including maintaining marketing promotional content on TV Screen, office supplies, ticket stock, ticket wallets, and merchandise. Some light lifting is required to move ticket inventory and supplies.
- Assists with proofing marketing communications and ticketing initiatives.
- Assists Assistant Manager of Patron Services on yearly Patron Services campaigns including, but not limited to, season announcement, subscription and seating process, and single ticket on sale.
- When answering patron enquiries, be prepared to go the extra mile by not just answering product and service questions, but by providing information for alternate concerts, packages and services, as appropriate.
- Resolve customer service challenges by clarifying the patron's complaint, determining the cause of the problem, selecting and explaining the best solution(s) to solve the problem, expediting correction or adjustment, and following up to ensure resolution.
- Supports the Assistant Manager in overseeing the Patron Services team, ensuring that patrons are provided with exceptional service and that transactions, processes, protocols, and procedures are accurately followed using the appropriate tools and platforms.
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory or managerial experience with strong organizational skills; able to lead, direct, and inspire employees.
- Highly motivated self-starter, a “doer” with a willingness to work hands-on in assisting patrons and staff.
- Experience in effectively managing multiple medium to large-scale tasks simultaneously; excellence in organizing and prioritizing.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels of staff, including management.
- Demonstrates leadership, decision-making, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment and respond calmly to challenging situations.
- Able to adapt to a flexible working schedule, including early mornings, late evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic.
- Some light lifting is required to move ticket inventory and supplies.
- Knowledge of ticketing systems. Working knowledge of Tessitura is a strong advantage.
- Passion for orchestral music or performing arts.
- Experience and/or interest in issues of equity, access, and inclusion.
The Toronto Symphony Orchestra is committed to having a workforce that is reflective of the diversity of the City of Toronto and strongly encourages applications from all qualified individuals, especially those who can provide different perspectives and contribute to a further diversification of ideas.
The TSO is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, the TSO will work with you to meet your needs.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
Routine office environment with most concert-related activity taking place in Roy Thomson Hall. The Patron Services Coordinator will be required to work some evening and weekend concerts and/or other special events. The TSO is currently working in a hybrid work environment with the balance of in-office and remote work determined by departmental needs.
The TSO requires all employees to provide proof of fully-vaccinated status, with vaccines approved by Health Canada. A person is considered fully-vaccinated if they have completed the required regime for a COVID-19 vaccine and 14 days have passed since their final dose.
About the TSO:
One of Canada’s most respected arts organizations, the Toronto Symphony Orchestra (TSO) has played a vital role in the city’s dynamic cultural life for 100 years. Music Director Gustavo Gimeno brings an expansive artistic vision, intellectual curiosity, and sense of adventure to programming the 93-musician Orchestra. The TSO is committed to serving local and national communities through vibrant performances, extensive educational activities, and impactful community relationships. It has a notable recording and broadcast history and has been celebrated internationally during its many tours. Toronto’s iconic Roy Thomson Hall is the TSO’s home, drawing patrons from around the world. The Toronto Symphony Orchestra’s name remains synonymous with musical versatility and growth, and artistic distinction.