JOB TITLE: Program Manager – Mental Health Programs
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
- A minimum of five years supervisory experience, preferably in a non-profit setting focused on provision of health and housing services to persons with mental illness.
- A graduate degree in a human services field, such as social work, and administrative training at the college level.
- Successful clearance of a criminal record check.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to create and maintain a team approach to program delivery.
- Demonstrated expertise in dealing successfully with persons with mental illness.
- Strong background and working knowledge of psychosocial rehabilitation processes.
- In depth understanding of administrative functions; budget preparation and financial management.
- Proficient in computer skills, including ability to use MS Office.
- Extensive experience and demonstrated success in time management, problem solving, conflict resolution and consensus building.
- Ability to lead, coach, train and mentor staff and clients to achieve to the best of their abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain constructive working relationships with tenants, community groups, government agencies and the public.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- PARTICIPATES AS A MEMBER OF THE SOCIETY MANAGEMENT TEAM IN ENSURING SERVICES AND FACILITIES ARE EFFECTIVE AND CONSISTENT WITH THE AGENCY MANDATE, PHILOSOPHY, CONTRACTUAL, BUDGETARY AND LEGISLATIVE REQUIREMENTS BY:
- organizing, directing and controlling the day to day operations of the programs.
- developing long range and strategic plans.
- assessing and resolving operational issues and policies.
- supervision, hiring, orientation, training and performance evaluations of program staff.
- establishing and maintaining relationships with members of the Board of Directors, individuals using the services, advocates, consumer family members, funders, volunteers, community groups, staff and the general public.
- SUPPORTS THE LONG TERM FINANCIAL VIABILITY OF THE ORGANIZATION WITHIN AN ENVIRONMENT OF FISCAL AND PROGRAM ACCOUNTABILITY BY:
- preparing the operating budget for delegated programs.
- supervising expenditures to ensure actual costs match budget.
- preparing statistics for reporting on performance and spending to funders.
- participating in the implementation of fund-raising activities.
- OVERSEES THE DAY TO DAY OPERATIONS OF ASSIGNED PROGRAMS, TO ENSURE CLIENTS NEEDS ARE MET APPROPRIATELY BY:
- by performing assessments and coordinating the placement of clients referred.
- by monitoring the service delivery of workers for structure consistency, quality of guidance of clients and suitability of activities.
- delivery and organization of staff orientation and professional development.
- Ensures THAT ACCURATE PROGRAM AND CLIENT RECORDS ARE MAINTAINED IN A COMPLETE, USEFUL AND CONFIDENTIAL MANNER BY:
- developing standards for documentation.
- monitoring staff to ensure compliance to those standards.
- ENSURES THAT APPROPRIATE SYSTEMS ARE IN PLACE TO SUPPORT AND MAINTAIN THE AGENCY PROGRAMS BY:
- conducting quality assurance reviews.
- discussion of problem situations, attendance at special case conferences and client discharge meetings.
- establishing and ensuring all professional, licensing or other accreditation requirements are in place to satisfy legal, regulatory and other requirements.
- REPRESENTS AND ADVANCES THE NEEDS, WISHES AND BEST INTERESTS OF MENTAL HEALTH CLIENTS AND THE COMMUNITY AT LARGE BY:
- consulting with housing applicants and mental health consumers regarding current needs.
- participating in appropriate associations, forums and networks to ensure clients needs are represented.
- establishing and maintaining effective relationships with community agencies, government officials, associations and working groups.
- OTHER RELATED DUTIES
- May work front line duties, provide after hours coverage, work evenings and weekends, supervise volunteers, network and Liaise with stakeholders, respond to urgent requests, provide coverage to Executive Director during absence and other appropriate management responsibilities as required and directed by the Executive Director.
HOW TO APPLY:
Note in the Subject Line: Program Manager – Mental Health Programs