WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
As the Accounting Manager, you are part of a team that makes a difference by providing exceptional leadership in a resident-first culture.
You take initiative, value learning and growing your skillset and doing the same for talent within your division. As an innovative leader, you get to see the impact of your work through timely financial reporting and resident satisfaction.
With a professional and detailed approach, you support the organization to fulfill budgetary and financial goals and requirements.
As a member of our caring team, you will make a difference at the individual, organizational and community level through the achievement of strategy and organizational goals.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The Accounting Manager (Manager) is a leader in LutherCare Communities (LCC), partnering with other divisions to achieve the organizational priorities and goals. Reporting to the Director of Finance (the Director), the Manager supports strategy by contributing to the development and execution of divisional plans, including cascading, monitoring, reporting, and course correction. The Manager demonstrates leadership to enable an innovative and positive working climate in a resident-first culture.
- Build, foster and maintain effective internal relationships that supports strong cross-functional management within the organization
- Integral role in the preparation of monthly and annual financial statements for multiple entities in accordance with reporting requirements and the year-end audit process
- Support the assessment, evaluation and determination of the feasibility of various projects
- Ensure compliance with filing and payment requirements for provincial and federal taxes
- Distributes, reviews, calculates and processes various pension funds and employee benefits
- Management of Fixed Asset tracking, processes and procedures
- Continually monitor areas of responsibility with a focus to making improvements in effectiveness and efficiency
- Assist in execution of special projects and pro-forma analysis as assigned
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE POSITION & ORGANIZATION
- Post-secondary education in a related field is considered an asset
- CPA designation that is in good standing with professional association and/or regulatory body
- 3-5 years of experience in an accounting or audit position preferably in a supervisory capacity
- Experience in a multi-stakeholder environment with multiple locations
- Experience working with Federal and Provincial Governments
- Experience working with First Nation and Metis communities
- Experience in a hybrid organization (for-profit and not-for-profit) would be considered an asset
- Experience in a health-care sector would be considered an asset
- Experience in a housing sector would be considered an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Is committed to a resident-first culture
- Strong financial and accounting background with a university degree in Business/Commerce/Accounting
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to prioritize and manage time efficiently to ensure key deadlines are met
- Work effectively in a team as well as independently and succeed with minimal supervision
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Understanding of health-related services and housing issues, government, government relations and public affairs
- Has demonstrated strong critical thinking, financial and analytical skills
- Ability to use metrics and analytics to make evidence-based decisions
- Capacity to plan, prioritize and oversee numerous concurrent projects effectively
- Superior interpersonal, communication, and conflict resolution skills
- Has a proven ability to collaborate and partner with a wide variety of stakeholders, including community, to balance the needs and interests of diverse groups while maintaining alignment with strategic priorities
- Ability to inspire, lead by example, and mobilize people
- Exemplifies ethical practices, professionalism, and personal integrity
WHO WE ARE
At LutherCare Communities (LCC), we are a leading provider of housing communities and supportive healthcare services and have been for over 65 years. LCC is a hybrid organization comprised of a number of companies that include for-profit and not-for-profit. Services include long-term care, community day programs for adults, seniors' housing, home support, intermediate care homes, group living homes, and subsidized family housing. These services are fully accredited, showing our commitment to provide excellence in care, shelter, and support. Taking a resident-first, all-inclusive approach, we seek to ensure we maintain the organization's integrity by always focusing on our residents. We value residents' interests, feedback and guidance, engagement, and collaborative leadership.
A Safe and Caring Continuum of Living™ for all.
Our mission is to provide excellence in care, shelter, and support in a nurturing Christian environment for all entrusted to our care.
- Excellence in care and service
- Focus on clients, residents, and guests to whom we provide care and services
- Integrity, fairness, and principles of ethical conduct as reflected in the social principles of the ELCIC
- Diversity within an inclusive, dynamic, collegial community
- Openness to change through seizing opportunities with passion, creativity, and innovation
- Nurture positive, healthy, working relationships between staff and residents and among staff
- Exercise responsible stewardship of our resources
- Maintain pride in our history and traditions, including the contributions of Lutheran and other faith and community groups
- A culture of compassion, respect, and kindness
- A resident / staff focused approach
- Collaborative decision making
- Care for the most vulnerable
WHAT WE OFFER
- Enhanced time off policies
- An inclusive workplace
- Learning & development opportunities
- Prioritization of work-life balance
- Wellness in the workplace
- Culture of internal advancement
- Paid sick leave
- Extended Health and Dental benefits
- Group life and long-term disability benefits
- Pension Plan
- Employee family assistance program
We believe in the power of diversity and we're dedicated to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment at LutherCare Communities. We ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and encourage people of all visible minorities and those of any religion, sex, age, ability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression to apply.
Applicants must provide a criminal background check prior to employment.
A Safe and Caring Continuum of Living™ for all.