JOB TITLE: Manager of Client Services
REPORTS TO: Director of Property Services & Asset Management
COMPETITION NUMBER: 2022 - 19
POSTING DATE: July 27, 2022
CLOSING DATE: August 17, 2022
THIS IS A FULL-TIME PERMANENT NON-BARGAINING UNIT POSITION.
LMCH is looking for someone with a passion for improving organization-wide service delivery. Do you want to use your skills and experiences to have a positive impact on the lives of our residents and in the communities we serve? We are searching for a collaborative and strategic leader who enjoys working in a dynamic and complex environment.
Reporting to the Director of Property Services & Asset Management, the Manager of Client Services will model and champion LMCH’s dedication to providing excellent customer service.
The Manager of Client Services works across all service areas to design, deliver, and monitor tenant service delivery. The role includes direct oversight of customer service representatives across multiple service areas; supporting all managers in planning and implementing service improvements; supporting the integration of new program and services; designing performance management programs to monitor and report on service delivery; reviewing and revising procedures and protocols to support service consistency; and oversight of common service channels including, but not limited to, phone, e-mail and web.
Primary areas of Accountability
- Manage staff providing services to tenants through multiple service channels including in person, phone, e-mail, etc.
- Lead walk-in service delivery providing required supports and service including, but not limited to, general inquiries, rent payments, supporting annual reviews, and similar tenant inquiries.
- Lead the team that manages the receipt and assignment of all maintenance service requests.
- Manage, monitor, and report on all service requests from receipt through closure ensuring service standards are achieved.
- Take the lead on service improvement initiatives.
- Review and revise procedures and protocols to promote service consistency and accountability.
- Identify training opportunities for staff that promote a service culture.
- Lead, coach, and motivate to achieve customer service goals.
- Take the lead on the design and implementation of new programs and services.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build and maintain an effective team of multi-disciplinary customer service representatives spanning all organizational departments, focusing on the seamless delivery of LMCH Mission and Values.
- Lead, coach, and motivate the team to achieve customer service goals at the department level.
- Build partnerships and liaise with team leaders to determine the company's services, delivery criteria, and solutions for issues that may arise.
- Take ownership of critical incidents, coordinating with resolution parties, and establishing effective communication between stakeholders for post-incident reviews.
- Ensure that systems, procedures, and methodologies are in place to support outstanding service delivery; take accountability for service delivery performance, meeting customer expectations, and driving future demand.
- Develop a deep understanding of projects to gain insights into the scope of service delivery.
- Address customer complaints and concerns that have been escalated in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensure that customer service metrics are maintained and provide coaching to employees to improve metrics.
- Represent the customer service department at departmental meetings.
- Create a safe environment for the discussion and resolution of values-related issues and concerns.
- Celebrate successes and foster an atmosphere of success.
- Responsible for hiring, firing, and discipline of assigned staff.
- Develop strategic performance metrics and targets that are consistent with LMCH’s goals.
- Evaluate employee performance and provide feedback, coaching, and formal evaluations.
- Provide leadership for employee relations through effective communications, coaching, training, and development.
- Maintain shift schedules to ensure sufficient employee coverage.
- Participate in departmental planning activities.
- Plan the department's workload and flow.
- Conduct monthly reporting.
- Participate in the rotational on-call requirement for the after-hours answering service and respond to emergencies such as floods, fires, illegal acts, etc.
- Participate in interdepartmental management meetings and contribute to improvements in emergency preparedness and planning as well as effective implementation of the emergency response plan.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & QUALIFICATIONS
- Postsecondary degree or diploma.
- Three years of experience in a management role and five years of experience in customer service.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people-management skills.
- Effective leadership skills, with a strong focus on mentoring and motivation of employees to achieve and exceed their goals
- Solid understanding of Social Housing and service provision to individuals with multiple complex needs, including familiarity with municipal housing support systems.
- Working knowledge of community development values and principles.
- Experience in project development and management, including writing of reports and funding proposals.
- Experience in individual and community intervention programs.
- High degree of leadership, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and management skills. Experience managing staff in a unionized environment is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including verbal and written skills, and ability to persuade.
- Outstanding facilitation, conflict resolution, and community liaison skills to ensure optimum public relations.
- Demonstrated understanding and sensitivity to issues related to poverty, violence, mental health, and addictions.
- Ability to initiate and model positive change.
- Proficiency in various Microsoft computer applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. Knowledge of Yardi software is an asset.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Proven ability to solve complex and unique customer service problems.
- Ability to identify measures of performance and actions needed to improve or correct performance.
- Ability to remain calm and poised in urgent situations.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, have access to a reliable vehicle for daily use, and carry adequate insurance.
WE CARE PHILOSOPHY
The incumbent contributes and supports the overall culture and working environment of the agency by:
- Having a working knowledge of cultural, social, and demographic patterns relating to vulnerable priority populations.
- Committing to harm reduction and low-barrier service, as well as non-violent crisis intervention, de-escalation, and supporting citizens.
- Committing to work in a diverse, interdisciplinary setting.
- Understanding and being sensitive towards the belief systems of other groups, the complexity of those facing poverty, and their individual unique strengths and needs.
- Setting an example of a strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Working with diverse communities with sensitivity, creativity, innovation, language, and cultural understanding in a non-judgmental manner.
POLICE RECORDS CHECK
This position requires the successful candidate submit a current Police Records check from their local police service. A current LMCH employee who is the successful candidate for this position must also provide this document unless it is already on file and not more than one year old.
SALARY & BENEFITS
Target salary range of $74,436.36 to $91,177.21; we also offer comprehensive health benefits and a defined benefit pension plan. Normal working hours are 8:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. Monday to Friday, with some work required outside of this schedule from time to time. Participation in the rotational on-call requirement for emergencies is expected.
Once you apply, we will review your resume and cover letter to determine if your skills and experience match the qualifications for the role.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted for next steps. If you move forward, the process may include an interview, written/practical test, and reference check.
Here is your chance to bring your knowledge and expertise to our team and contribute to providing improved LMCH communities. When submitting your cover letter and resume, be sure to tell us about your skills and qualifications that are a match to those specified in the job posting.
A cover letter and resume must be received by 4:30 PM, August 17, 2022. Late applications will not be considered.
London & Middlesex Community Housing (LMCH) is committed to equity in employment. Our goal is a diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free workplace that reflects the communities we serve.
We will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities at all stages of the hiring process in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Please advise if you require an accommodation during the selection process.
In keeping with our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, we require all employees to:
- Provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19; or
- Provide a written attestation of a medical reason(s) or Ontario Human Rights Code reason(s) for not being fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Thank you for your interest in London & Middlesex Community Housing!