WAGE RANGE: $25.51 – $29.00 per hour
POSTING DATE: July 28, 2022
CLOSING DATE: August 12, 2022
LOCATION: 1299 Oxford Street E., Unit 5C5, London, ON
HOURS OF WORK: 8:30am – 4:30pm, Monday to Friday
THIS POSTING IS FOR ONE (1) TEMPORARY FULL-TIME POSITION (UP TO 6 MONTHS).
Who We Are: London & Middlesex Community Housing (LMCH) provides 3,282 housing units across 32 properties to more than 5,000 people. Those who call LMCH home are a diverse cross-section of individuals including families, seniors, adults, and new Canadians, all of whom are living with limited income. At LMCH, we believe that housing is the foundation of a better tomorrow.
Mission: LMCH provides and maintains homes in a safe and supportive environment to meet the needs of the people we serve in our communities.
Vision: LMCH envisions healthy homes and communities in London and Middlesex. Leading by example, LMCH will help make a difference and positively impact lives using housing as the foundation.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Reporting to the Tenant Services Team Lead, the successful candidate in this temporary, full-time unionized position will effectively fill unit vacancies within the LMCH family, adult and senior portfolios, ensuring that applicants/tenants are eligible for subsidized housing, vacancies are filled based on order on wait lists, and units are filled in a timely manner.
- Review property wait lists to ensure applicants are considered in the proper sequence.
- Communicate with other Assets and Property Services team members regarding unit readiness/move-in status, or to investigate delays.
- Provide unit showings to applicants, promote value of each community to prospective tenants.
- Determine eligibility for new applicants, internal transfer and joint tenancy applications, based on applicant circumstances.
- Determine eligibility for previous LMCH tenants reapplying for housing, based on applicant circumstances.
- Prepare appropriate documents for lease signing. Advocate on behalf of prospective tenants with partnership agencies to ensure proper completion of required documentation and funding where applicable.
- Oversee and handle all aspects of the leasing process including: lease applications, verification of income, assets and expenses, lease signing and completion of other required documents.
- Provide new tenants with move-in and orientation information.
- Resolve applicant / tenant queries about transferring, future housing and issues arising in their present unit, and liaising with other LMCH staff when required.
- Liaise with shelters and other social service agencies regarding suitability and placement status.
- Maintain applicant/tenant files in Yardi, perform set up in system of incoming tenants.
- Prepare monthly statistical reports regarding vacancy reports, move-in reports and phone statistics.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & QUALIFICATIONS
- Post-secondary diploma or certificate in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of community resources, the Housing Services Act, Residential Tenancies Act and the City of London Housing Division Notices and local policies an asset.
- Two to three years’ experience in a related field, demonstrating the following:
- Ability to work with a variety of personalities with tact, solid customer service skills, teamwork, and interpersonal skills with an above average level of emotional intelligence.
- Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent organization skills to schedule and coordinate showings, lease signing and other commitments.
- Time management/multitasking skills and the ability to prioritize and follow-through with tasks and overlapping projects with minimal supervision.
- Basic mathematical skills, ability to perform general calculations.
- Intermediate level communication skills, ability to compose clear and concise written documents and to clearly communicate verbally processes and answer questions.
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, and e-mail required. Ability to use Yardi Enterprise and Yardi Voyager or other software an asset.
- Analytical, problem-identification and problem-solving skills, ability to independently resolve routine issues and provide input into the resolution of more complex issues.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude. Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners, and government agencies.
- Ability to engage prospective tenants while showing properties and to promote the benefits of a particular property.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, have access to a reliable vehicle, and carry adequate insurance.
- Training in non-violent crisis intervention, de-escalation, or similar considered an asset.
- Bilingual/Multilingualism considered an asset.
WE CARE PHILOSOPHY
The incumbent contributes and supports the overall culture and working environment of the agency by:
- Having a working knowledge of cultural, social, and demographic patterns relating to vulnerable priority populations.
- Committing to harm reduction and low-barrier service, as well as non-violent crisis intervention, de-escalation, and supporting citizens.
- Committing to work in a diverse, interdisciplinary setting.
- Understanding and being sensitive towards the belief systems of other groups, the complexity of those facing poverty, and their individual unique strengths and needs.
- Setting an example of a strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Working with diverse communities with sensitivity, creativity, innovation, language and cultural understanding in a non-judgmental manner.
POLICE RECORDS CHECK and VULNERABLE POSITION SCREENING
This position requires the successful candidate submit a current Police Records check and Vulnerable Sector Screening from their local police service. A current LMCH employee who is the successful candidate for this position must also provide this document unless it is already on file and not more than one year old.
SALARY & BENEFITS
Hourly rate range $25.51 - $29.00 with vacation and benefits in lieu. Normal working hours are 8:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M., Monday to Friday.
Once you apply, we’ll review your resume and cover letter to determine if your skills and experience match the qualifications for the role.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted for next steps. If you move forward, the process may include an interview, written/practical test, and reference check.
Here's your chance to bring your knowledge and expertise to our team and contribute to providing better homes and better neighbourhoods. When submitting your cover letter and resume, be sure to tell us about your skills and qualifications that are a match to those specified in the job posting.
A cover letter and resume must be received by 4:30pm, August 12, 2022. Late applications will not be considered.
London & Middlesex Community Housing (LMCH) is committed to equity in employment. Our goal is a diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free workplace that reflects the communities we serve.
We will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities at all stages of the hiring process in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Please advise if you require an accommodation during the selection process.
In keeping with our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, we require all employees to:
- Provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19; or
- Provide a written attestation of a medical reason(s) or Ontario Human Rights Code reason(s) for not being fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Thank you for your interest in London & Middlesex Community Housing!