Job Type: Permanent, Part-Time
Location: North Vancouver, British Columbia
Hours of Work Per Week: up to 30
Scheduled Days Each Week: Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday
Scheduled Hours: 9am - 1pm
WJS Canada's accredited Community Inclusion Services provides 1-to-1 support/mentorship for an adult male with developmental disabilities to achieve their goals, build independence, encourage their unique strengths/qualities, and community integration.
The Specialized Outreach Worker identifies and provides specialized interventions for persons with developmental disabilities, FASD/FAE and Autism, with a focus on community inclusion, skills development (life skills, problem solving, employment, etc.) and connecting to social networks.
• NORTH VANCOUVER - up to 30 hrs/wk; flexible Monday through Friday schedule, to accommodate the needs of the person served.
• Schedules may include afternoon and/or evenings during the week and the occasional weekend shift, as required.
In Your Role You Will
• Initiate contact with client(s). Assist manager with intake interviews and assess suitability for services.
• Develop Personalized Service Plans
• Assist/mentor individual to develop goals, access community, social and life skills development, employment skills.
• Connect individual to other programs, agencies, community resources.
• Recognize potential emergency situations and train person-served in conflict resolution and problem solving strategies.
• Advocate for the individuals and assist them in self-advocacy.
• Review individuals’ success/setbacks and report their progress.
• Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• A degree, diploma or certificate in one of the humanities, social work or related field. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
• Minimum of one year experience working with persons with a developmental disability, and sexualized behaviour
• Valid CPR/First Aid certificate (or ability to obtain prior to employment)
• Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License and current driver’s abstract (hiring subject to abstract review), with their own reliable vehicle
• Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Certificate or equivalent (i.e. MANDT) certification (or ability to obtain during probationary period)
• Clear physician’s note confirming suitability, including a negative tuberculosis screening test
• Successful candidate must sign an oath of confidentiality, a conflict of interest statement, abuse protocols and a code of ethics statement.
• Must have consistent / reliable access to a computer/working printer/scanner/copier
• Cellular phone with data plan (compensation provided for business use of personal device)
Interviews may be conducted via web-based / online resources.
Applicants will be required to provide three (3) professional references that WJS Canada will be able to contact in a timely manner at time of interview.
What WJS Canada does
WJS helps people thrive in their communities through a variety of programs and services, including:
• Behaviour, emotional and mental health support
• Supportive Independent living
• Family support services, including respite care
• Day programs, community involvement, employment
• Community-based homes and residential care
Our Employees Enjoy
• Financial reward for New Hire/Employee referrals
• A fair and equitable wage.
• Health and Dental benefit plan, with premiums paid by the employer, for eligible employees!
• Programming that meets current best practices.
• Innovation that sets and defines new standards of care.
• An empowering balance of independence and supervision.
• World-class staff training and personal development.
We recognize that equity diversity and inclusion (EDI) is an important element in our work and in our day to day lives.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!