Hours of Work Per Week: 40
Scheduled Hours: Evenings Noon to 10pm- four shift on four off rotation
Compensation: $17.09 - $20.00 /Hour
336-40 Westlock Hen House
We provide compassionate, long term care to 2 individuals with high needs within a residential group home or their private accommodation, by encouraging independence and community inclusion.
The Disability Services Worker (DSW), under supervision of the Team Leader, provides individuals in residential service with physical, behavioural, emotional and social supports/supervision both in the residence and the community.
In Your Role You Will
• Assist and support individuals with developing and achieving personal goals.
• Ensure individuals basic needs are met, i.e., hygiene, personal care, life skills and social/occupational skills.
• Observe/document physical, developmental and psychological needs of individuals in service.
• Assist with day to day operation and maintenance of the residence/program facility (May include food preparation, cleaning, and/or assisting the person in service with the completion of these tasks, etc.)
• Participate and support planning as well as safe transportation of individuals to vocational, recreational, leisure activities and encourages opportunities for social interaction within communities.
• Contribute toward design, implementation and evaluation of individual service plans, program specific policies & procedures.
• Further develop skills and knowledge within human practice fields.
• Communicate/document information that relates to program changes/service recipient changes to peers, ministry representatives and other stakeholders as required.
COVID-19: Please be aware that governments and/or funders within our service sectors are mandating services be provided by employees that are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination will be required at time of hiring.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Minimum Grade 12 or Diploma/Degree in Disabilities Studies, Social Work, Human Services, Special Education or equivalent
• Experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities, medically fragile, managing behaviours, etc.
• MANDATORY - Valid Class 5 Driver’s License, 3 yrs Canadian driving experience and clean driver’s abstract
• Must be physically able to do lifts/transfers and be able to provide personal care, such as bathing, etc.
• Skills in coaching/assisting individuals in life skills, anger management, daily chores, self help & problem solving, etc.
• Committed to philosophies and principles of community based living for individuals in service.
• First Aid/CPR Certification
• CPR/First Aid & Abuse Protocol training
• Non Violent Crisis Intervention training
• Knowledge of basic health and safety rules and guidelines for personal health and safety, as appropriate.
What WJS Canada does
• Make a positive difference in the lives of the people you serve.
• Provide standard-setting service.
• Enhance and strengthen your community.
• Enjoy a challenging, safe, healthy and rewarding workplace.
Our Employees Enjoy
• A fair and equitable wage.
• An excellent Health and Dental benefit plan, with premiums paid by the employer!
• Programming that meets current best practices.
• Innovation that sets and defines new standards of care.
• An empowering balance of independence and supervision.
• World-class staff training and personal development.
We recognize that equity diversity and inclusion (EDI) is an important element in our work and in our day to day lives.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!