Hours of Work Per Week: 40
Scheduled Hours: Mostly days
WJS Canada's Community Disability Services team in Vegreville encourage persons with developmental disabilities to build on strengths, further develop life skills, overcome barriers and become active participants in their community.
Supervise multiple programs for persons with developmental disabilities (PDD), acquired brain injuries (ABI), Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD), ensuring high quality physical, behavioural and emotional supports. This is achieved through hiring and scheduling staff that are trained and committed to delivering service excellence; developing and monitoring Individual Service Plans (ISP), and working directly with the persons served and their families/care teams to develop a safe/goal-oriented program.
**This is a temporary full time position for an undetermined duration; you are welcome to apply for permanent positions with WJS Canada while filling this role.**
In Your Role You Will
• Work a combination of mostly days, evenings (one per week) and weekends (one per month), more if required
• Manage the daily operation of the program(s) (facilities, equipment and staffing)
• Schedule, supervise, orient/train and evaluate residential staff
• Ensure comprehensive/accurate recording and reporting of information (e.g. daily logs, incidents reports)
• Approve time sheets and related payroll documents
• Overnight checks required quarterly
• Assist Program Director with staff performance reviews/improvement plans and coordination of case conferences
• Be available for on call rotation
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Diploma or Degree in Disabilities Studies, Social Work, Human Services, Special Education, Psychology, Sociology, Nursing, Management, etc.
• 2+ years management/supervisor experience
• 5+ years' experience providing residential service to persons with developmental disabilities and complex needs; Disability Support Worker or Practitioner, Healthcare Aide or LPN
• Will consider other combinations of experience and education.
• Knowledge of developmental disabilities; augmented by specialized training
• Experience writing and implementing program plans and goals an asset
• Valid class 5 driver license, clear driving abstract and vehicle
• First Aid/CPR Certificate
• Non-violent Crisis Intervention, Medication Administration, Abuse Protocol, Proactive Procedures and Behavioural Strategies, Foundations and Disabilities Training
• Leadership and crisis management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Work with multiple persons served, as well as, with staffing teams
• Calm, confident, patient, self-motivated and motivates others; a positive role model.
What WJS Canada does
WJS helps people with developmental disabilities thrive in their communities through a variety of programs and services, including:
• Community-based homes and residential care
• Supportive Independent living
• Family support services, including respite care
• Day programs, community involvement, employment
• Behaviour, emotional and mental health support
Our Employees Enjoy
• Financial reward for New Hire/Employee referrals • A fair and equitable wage.
• An excellent Health and Dental benefit plan, with premiums paid by the employer!
• Programming that meets current best practices.
• Innovation that sets and defines new standards of care.
• An empowering balance of independence and supervision.
• Staff training and personal development opportunities.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!