EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING (Job Posting #2022-114)
TITLE: LBS Program Lead
POSITION TYPE: Part Time – Permanent (Non-Union)
SCHEDULE: Monday to Friday (8:30 am to 4:30 pm)
REPORTS TO: Director of Educational Services
The Bob Rumball Canadian Centre of Excellence for the Deaf (BRCCED) is a multi-purpose, multi-program facility that functions as a community centre for the Deaf and as a non-profit charitable provider of services for the Deaf. The organization exists to provide care and opportunities in a communication-rich environment that enhances the quality of life of those we serve. Our perks include but not limited to robust benefits program (for eligible employees), access to sign language classes, employee rewards & recognition program, comprehensive training and development, internal progression, and an opportunity to give back to the community.
Reporting to Director of Educational Services, The Literacy and Basic Skills (LBS) Program Lead oversees the LBS program at BRCEED. The Program Lead is responsible for the daily functioning of the LBS program along with managing staff and consumers.
- Accepts referrals and assesses learner feasibility and eligibility for the LBS program.
- Initiates interviews incorporating the collection of background information and the completion of assessments in ASL and literacy for potential LBS learners.
- Leads the LBS team through the ongoing review and updating of the learner plans and required reporting as shown in EOIS CaMS (e.g. Milestones, tasks, activities, etc.).
- Ensures all staff understand the requirements as outlined in the annual LBS Agreement and support staff as they work towards meeting the targets and overall Service Quality Score (SQS).
- Holds staff accountable for meeting the objectives as required by the LBS Agreement with MLTSD, and provide regular supervision and support for ongoing success.
- Ensures the LBS staff members have an in depth understanding of the Ontario Adult Literacy Curriculum Framework (OALCF) the information is applied in the instruction of LBS learners.
- Acts as resource for outside individuals, families, other agencies and services regarding the LBS program, program development, and the development of networks and workshops.
- Responsible for recruitment, gathering new employee paperwork and training of staff for the LBS program.
- Works collaboratively with the LBS funder, the Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development.
- Follows the requirements outlined in the LBS Annual Service Agreement.
- Develops and/or implements outreach strategies to reach potential new learners.
- Assists instructors to adapt materials/curriculum to match student’s needs.
- Certificate, Diploma or Degree in Adult Education or related field.
- 3 to 5 years related experience working in an LBS program.
- Knowledge of Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development requirements an asset.
- Fluency in American Sign Language.
- Knowledge of Deaf culture, Linguistics, and the Deaf community.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Strong leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excelled knowledge of literacy and various cultural backgrounds
- Excellent multitasking skills and ability to prioritize while working with competing deadlines
- Ability to utilize diplomacy, maintain confidentiality and good judgement
- French language/LSQ an asset
Interested candidates please visit https://www2.bobrumball.org/careers/ or fax resume to 855.492.1612
We thank all applicants in advance, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posting Date: August 5, 2022 Closing Date: August 12, 2022 Start Date: August 22, 2022