FEMINIST PARTNERSHIP ADVISOR - VOLUNTEER MANDATE
City (Assignement Location): Amman
Duration of Mandate: 12 months
Start Date: As soon as possible
In close collaboration with the Oxfam team members in the country of intervention, the Feminist Partnership Advisor will be responsible to:
- Support Gender Justice Program Manager to implement capacity development initiatives on the application of feminist principles, and transformative women’s leadership.
- Identify the needs of the Oxfam staff and partners on feminist partnership principles, and based on the findings, develop a comprehensive understanding of VCP’s Feminist Partnership Approach.
- In consultation with the program and cross-functional teams in Oxfam and local partners participating in the VCP program, develop and facilitate the internal and external workshops on feminist partnership principles independently and in collaboration with other volunteers.
- Support as needed to create the tools, monitor, and measure the progress on transformative feminist change within Oxfam and partners to ensure that the partnership between Oxfam and local organizations are aligned with feminist principles.
- Ensure Oxfam has an understanding of the capacity strengthening priorities of its partners. Sharing lessons learned and supporting in problem solving.
- Enhance the strong representation of women. Seeking to include emerging leaders.
- Serve as technical resource for local partners, partner focused-staff and the Gender Justice Program Manager to promote an effective, responsive and coherent approach.
- Synthesize research, drawing conclusions and developing material based on related subjects.
- Promote a strong sense of team spirit and maintain a professional and open relationship with team members, providing oversight and guidance when requested.
- Share and embody Oxfam's commitment to a zero-tolerance policy for any behaviour that violates the code of conduct, including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, intimidation, lack of integrity, corruption and fraud;
- Participate in development efforts in Canada during and after the mandate by contributing to the dissemination of the program, projects, partners, etc. through testimonials, life stories, photos, quotes, etc.
For the complet description of the mandate, follow below link: