Full vaccination against COVID-19 is an essential requirement of all positions at Shepherds of Good Hope. Fully vaccinated is defined as having received a full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series), and having received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days earlier. SGH will consider the possibility of accommodating any applicant who cannot be fully vaccinated for valid medical reasons.
- Responsible for personal laundry for Residents and the house linens
- Sweeps, mops, polishes and refinishes resident floors, vacuums and shampoos carpeted areas, dumps garbage and recycle bins, performs all cleaning aspects of halls, offices, board rooms, restrooms and lunchrooms as well as washes walls, windows and upholstered furniture as assigned
- Vacuums carpeting, draperies and upholstered furniture
- Cleans resident’s rooms in accordance to organizational standards
- Cleans, disinfects and polishes kitchen and bathroom fixtures and appliances
- Cleans and disinfects elevators
- Picks up debris and empties trash containers
- Cleans showers
- Maintains cleaning equipment
· High school diploma
· Previous cleaning experience
· Ability to read text and communicate orally in English
· Ability to work well with others and work in the presence of residents
· Time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision
· Strong attention to detail
· Has empathy for the residents of Hope Living
· Works and adheres to health and safety policy and procedures
· Physical ability to lift up to 50 lbs. (23 kilograms) and operate mechanical cleaning equipment
· Able to read text and communicate orally in English. Ability to communicate in other languages is considered an asset.
Please note that you do not need to be trained in the specific program being posted to be a successful candidate.
SGH will provide training to candidates when awarded a new position.
Shepherds of Good Hope is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of our clients, residents, employees and volunteers, including those with disabilities. Please inform if you require accommodation through the hiring process, so that we can make every effort to meet your needs.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: From $15.00 per hour
All staff are required to be fully vaccinated (2 doses). All staff are provided with personal protective equipment (PPE) on site.