Position title: Client Intake Worker – Farsi or Ukrainian-Speaking (Part-Time)
Department: Settlement, Language and Employment
Program: Settlement, Language, Employment and Operations
Reports to: Office and Intake Manager
The Client Intake Worker provides basic assessment, information, referrals, and support to all clients contacting the front desk using a variety of service delivery platforms (telephone, in-person and online). Responsibilities include program intake, registration, records management, client data entry, document translation, and administrative support. As the first point of contact for all Impact North Shore clients, the Client Intake Worker plays a key role in welcoming and onboarding clients to Impact North Shore services. This position reports to the Office and Intake Manager and receives supervision from the management team.
- Provides basic assessment, information, referral, and support using a variety of service delivery platforms.
- Assesses client eligibility for services and conducts appointment bookings, registration, intake, waitlisting duties accordingly.
- Creates client records, conducts timely data entry (i.e. database, iCARE, ICM, other government databases) in accordance with funder requirements whilst observing all privacy and confidentiality policies.
- Generates monthly client and service reports and tracks service delivery as per funder and agency requirements.
- Communicates with language, settlement, employment, and SWIS program Managers and Leads, as appropriate, to resolve client issues in a timely matter.
- Assesses and responds to clients in crises/presenting with visible trauma on the phone or in-person and provides immediate support and intervention, notifying others in the settlement team when a more in-depth service intervention is required.
- Reports urgent client concerns/issues to the Office and Intake Manager and respective Service Area Manager immediately.
- Provides first language services, as required, to enhance the client experience, including providing document translation support, as required.
- Participates in client outcome measurement and service promotion tasks as assigned.
- Attends and takes an active part in departmental and all-staff meetings.
- Assists with the operational and facilities tasks, including supporting equipment maintenance; ordering and management of stationery, program supplies, and meeting refreshments; and reports on office equipment usage, as required.
- Ensures room booking systems are well managed.
- Assists with office administrative tasks, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Office and Intake Manager and Service Area Managers (Settlement, Employment, Language and SWIS).
- Works collaboratively with the Front Desk team to ensure sufficient coverage of the desk(s), opens up the premises and sets up services for the day, secures the building at the end of the work day.
- Values. Behaves consistently with clear personal values that complement Impact North Shore’s values of excellence, diversity, and respect.
- Integrity & Ethics. Ensures integrity in personal and organizational practices. Builds a respectful and client-centered workplace.
- Innovation. Thinks creatively; is open to new ideas and technologies. Is committed to developing effective and new approaches to service excellence. Is flexible and adaptable to meeting changing demands of clients, funders, and other stakeholders.
- Accountability. Accepts and creates a culture of accountability; fosters personal growth; takes personal ownership. Is self-aware and demonstrates a commitment to ongoing learning and continual improvement. Assesses risk and develops risk mitigation strategies.
- Engagement. Shows passion for the job and the mission of Impact North Shore.
- Effective Communication. Fosters open communication, listens to others, speaks effectively, and prepares written communication so that messages are clearly understood.
- Organized & Efficient. Plans ahead and works in a systematic and organized way. Follows directions and procedures and ensures deliverables are meet on time and according to agreed standards.
- Fluency in Farsi or Ukrainian, including the ability to read, write, and speak in Farsi or Ukrainian.
- High school education and courses or experience in office administration.
- 2 years’ experience in an office environment and experience in dealing with the public.
- Experience in handling routine financial documents, and organizing and maintaining standard office procedures.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment and remain calm during periods of high demand.
- Ability to maintain focus while performing repetitive tasks.
- Ability to identify barriers to services to promote equity and inclusion for a diverse client population.
- Excellent knowledge of DocuSign, Outlook, Microsoft Office Suite (ACCESS, Excel, Word, PPT), Teams, Zoom, Moodle and ability to learn and adapt to new technologies required for excellent service delivery, as needed.
- Strong administrative, computer, office procedures, organizational ability, and attention to detail skills.
- Strong knowledge of community resources and services on the North Shore.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and client service skills.
- Sensitivity to diverse cultural values and individual experiences.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to support programming and service delivery needs during daytime and evening hours, as required.
- Experience working with newcomers.
- Excellent English language skills.
- Knowledge of settlement programming or LINC administrative functions will be considered an asset.
- Salary: $21.00 - $23.00 per hour commensurate with experience
- Work Schedule: 28 hours /week
- 12 business day summer lay-off period