The Town of Slave Lake has an excellent career opportunity for a seasoned supervisor of parks and recreation.
The Multi-Recreation and Parks Operations Supervisor is responsible the supervision and coordination of seasonal and full-time crews and accomplishing various skilled tasks with maintenance of athletic fields, trails, parks, turf management, landscape maintenance, Multi-Recreation Center and arena maintenance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises department staff, including determining workloads and schedules, implementing and interpreting policies and procedures, evaluating staff,
- Delegates work assignments, provides work product oversight and corrects work deficiencies;
- Addresses a variety of customer services related situations; enforces Town rules, policies and procedures; and directs and informs other staff as required;
- Assists department manager with the development and management of department(s) budgets;
- Tracks department(s) expenditures and related inventory, implements purchasing procedures, directs other staff concerning the appropriate use of supplies and equipment, and reports to management as required;
- Coordinates with other Town departments and other organizations, agencies, and vendors as necessary;
- Demonstrates initiative that supports the Town’s vision, mission, and value statements;
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of, and compliance with, the Town’s rules, policies, and procedures, as contained in the Town’s handbooks and manuals.
Health and Safety: Must adhere to all safety standards under the Occupational Health and Safety Legislation, Town Policies and Procedures and WHMIS Guidelines. For specific responsibilities of this position, refer to the Town’s Health and Safety Policy, Section 2 – Responsibilities for CAO, Directors, Supervisors and Workers.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Well-developed interpersonal and leadership skills in dealing with staff, peers, and the public.
- Ability to work cooperatively as a team member and independently. Able to assist and support other staff and to facilitate a team environment through personal behavior, work conditions and the sharing of expertise and knowledge.
- Proficient organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Mechanically inclined with the knowledge and ability to operate machinery and equipment.
- Willing to work outdoors in all types of weather.
- Basic Microsoft Office training & experience and proficiency with computers.
- Hold a current class 5 driver's license and current First Aid and CPR.
- Possess the knowledge and ability to operate equipment utilized for arena operations and green space and parks maintenance.
- Excellent verbal, written and public relation skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Mechanically inclined with some small engine repair experience.
- RFP Arena Level I and II, Building Maintenance I & II and RFP Parks & Sports Field I & II
- 3-5 years’ experience in a supervisory role with regards to Parks and Arena Maintenance
A detailed job description is available upon request.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.