About The Career Foundation: The Career Foundation is a dynamic non-profit organization that offers a wide range of employment, training, and HR services to job seekers and employers. Since its inception in 1988, The Career Foundation has steadily expanded its services. Operating out of seven locations, we now help thousands of people each year successfully accomplish their employment goals. Our team of dedicated professionals have described The Career Foundation as caring, compassionate, innovative, and team-oriented. For more information about us and our services, please visit our website at CareerFoundation.com.
Some of the benefits and features available to our employees include:
- Competitive compensation
- A comprehensive Health Benefits plan that includes massage therapy, naturopath services,
- travel coverage, and much more
- A comprehensive Dental Insurance plan
- An Employee & Family Assistance program
- An RRSP Matching plan
- A Wellness program
Role Description: The Community and Client Engagement Specialist is responsible for developing and maintaining strong relationships with local community groups and organizations to increase awareness of The Career Foundation and its services. The Community and Client Engagement Specialist will work in collaboration with all programs across The Career Foundation to design and deliver marketing and outreach activities that will result in program participation. A creative and innovative marketing, outreach and community engagement approach will be required to be successful in this role.
- Position type: Full-time position (37.5 hours per week)
- Experience required: 3+ years
- Number of positions: 1
- Department: Head Office
- Reporting to: Director of Programs
- Location: This opportunity is a hybrid-remote position comprised of frequent local travel within all communities served by The Career Foundation, on-site work from our offices, and work-from-home job functions. The successful candidate must have a valid Ontario G driver's licence and access to a reliable vehicle. Company laptop, cell phone, and other equipment provided.
- Please note: Full-time employees in their first year with The Career Foundation are normally provided with a term employment agreement until they have reached one year of service, at which time if all is going mutually well they are offered indefinite employment.
- Start date: Immediately
- COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: The Career Foundation is committed to the health and safety of its workforce. As of December 16, 2021, successful candidates for our internal employment opportunities must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit proof of same prior to receiving an official employment offer. Accommodations will be made where possible for qualifying medical or religious exemptions.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited, to:
- Develops relationships across the Greater Toronto Area with community organizations and institutions to support intake, referrals, and service coordination services for job seekers.
- Establishes itinerant services at various community spaces to increase access to services to vulnerable communities.
- Engages The Career Foundation’s management team, outreach and other staff members in community events, job fairs, information sessions, and other related activities in collaboration with employers, local organizations, and community partners.
- Distributes event flyers, workshop calendars, and job postings to community partners to help generate referrals and intakes.
- Responds to general inquiries pertaining to programs, services, referrals, and partnerships.
- Attends monthly community partner meetings and participates at table discussions to represent The Career Foundation and promote its services.
- Supports with the coordination of special projects in collaboration with community partners.
- Increases The Career Foundation’s profile and impact in the community through various other outreach initiatives.
- Researches and utilizes various social media channels that job seekers use to access related services.
- Assesses the needs of each program at The Career Foundation and devises a support plan to help meet intake and service coordination goals.
- Works with managers and program coordinators to track and monitor intake schedules, intake levels, and participant requirements to help meet program goals.
- Strategically focuses outreach and marketing efforts towards newcomers, Francophone, persons with disabilities, those receiving income support, Indigenous Peoples, and youth clients to ensure that they have equitable access to services.
- Works in collaboration with The Career Foundation’s Marketing and Communications department to ensure that outreach activities are reflected on social media platforms and that innovative marketing strategies are deployed to promote new projects when needed.
- Supports communication strategies and creative marketing campaigns to attract new participants and community partners.
- Promotes and delivers virtual information sessions to increase visibility and awareness of employment services and programs available at The Career Foundation.
- Supports clients with completing online registration process and gathers required documents.
Event Support and Coordination
- Organizes virtual and in-person sessions and events, including managing attendance, collecting evaluation forms, troubleshooting technical needs on Zoom and MS Teams, and conducting post-event follow-ups.
- Conducts follow-up calls with workshop attendees to encourage program registration.
- Supports in the development of new workshops that will meet the needs of community members.
- Attends community meetings and other events and updates team on local initiatives.
Qualifications/ Skills Required:
- Diploma or degree preferably in marketing, communications or business, or an equivalent combination of practical work experience and education is required.
- A minimum 3 years’ experience conducting successful outreach and marketing initiatives.
- Exceptional relationship building skills are required. Prior experience with developing relationships with employers, community agencies, and other groups considered a strong asset.
- Knowledge of local labour market, job search strategies and techniques is required.
- Experience reaching and working with vulnerable populations and other special groups, including those receiving disability supports, Ontario Works, ODSP, Indigenous communities, youth, and other vulnerable populations an asset.
- Record of achieving and exceeding outreach targets.
- Previous experience in career counselling, workshop facilitation, or related experience considered an asset.
- Skilled at locating and synthesizing information from a variety of sources.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills with ability to clearly convey information in writing and during meetings and presentations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, Teams, Zoom and other virtual meeting tools, as well as tracking software, data management, and MS Excel, is required.
- Outstanding organizational skills, time management, and ability to multi-task in order to meet deadlines and achieve objectives.
- Flexible approach to work and willingness to go above and beyond to ensure that outreach goals and intake needs of programs are met.
- Energetic, creative, and innovative thinker who will think outside of the box to achieve goals.
- Ability to exhibit tact, diplomacy and good judgment, with high standards of professionalism, ethics and confidentiality.
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to uphold the organization’s service standards, policies, and core values.
- Must be willing to travel frequently within the communities served by The Career Foundation, work on-site from The Career Foundation’s offices as needed, and possess an appropriate work-from-home space with high-speed internet connection for some work-from-home days. The successful candidate must have a valid Ontario G driver's licence and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Must be vaccinated (two doses) against COVID-19. The successful candidate will be required to submit official documentation to confirm vaccination status prior to job offer
How to Apply:
Please visit the ‘Join Our Team’ page on our website at https://careerfoundation.com/join-our-team and select the position for which you would like to submit your application. You may complete the application form directly through our website. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please. Thank you for your interest in The Career Foundation.
The Career Foundation’s Commitment:
The Career Foundation is committed to diversity and inclusion and aims to create a healthy and rewarding environment for all. We welcome applications from qualified individuals who represent the diversity of the people we proudly serve, including, but not limited to, visible minorities, women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples, and individuals of all genders and sexual orientation. The Career Foundation, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), is also committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with candidates requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.