Canada Homestay Network is looking for a Full-Time (40/hrs a week) Host Ambassador in Ottawa, ON!
Who We Are
The Canada Homestay Network Society is a family-run, non-profit society, that has helped tens of thousands of students find a home away from home in Canada. CHN has been connecting international students to compassionate and caring Canadian families for over 25 years.
More about the Host Ambassador position
Host Ambassadors are responsible for ensuring the overall success of homestay programs by developing a thriving host network that enhances CHN's reputation for stellar host families. Host Ambassadors qualify new and existing host parents to provide safe and supportive homes to international students while in Canada.
*This role requires frequent access to a reliable vehicle
- Conduct in-person interviews/visits (for new hosts) and revisits (for existing hosts) at their homes to ensure the rooms and family environment meet the required standards (See Interview/Home Visit Guide);
- Conduct pre-screen calls and enter data into our host database;
- Conduct host annual reviews;
- Enter data and supporting documentation (ie. criminal record checks, host agreements, etc.) following all CHN protocols for due diligence and data integrity;
- Field inquires from prospective hosts;
- Assist prospective hosts with the host application process;
- Provide assistance to hosts with the Host Portal and Bridge Learning Centre;
- Follow-up on unconverted or stalled Host leads;
- Liaise with the local Relationship Manager to resolve outstanding host due diligence;
- Assist with host recruitment and retention initiatives, ie. Host recognition, referrals, Host orientations etc.; and,
- Document and upload all relevant details of an interview in the Company Database within 24 hours of a home visit.
- All Host Ambassadors must have readily accessible and cost-effective transportation appropriate for these responsibilities; a cell phone for emergency support, a digital camera and high-speed internet access.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic about
- Working from home
- Travelling within your local community (up to one hour)
- Relationship building and customer service
- Learning and understanding cultural differences within and outside of Canada
- Building relationships, especially with host families
- Processing host administrative work and applications
How we sweeten the deal
- Benefits package (with shared premiums)
- Vacation Pay
- Wellness subsidy
- Paid volunteer days
- Paid professional development
The successful candidate will have
- Excellent sales and interpersonal skills with the willingness and ability to promote and sell the CHN Host program;
- Positive communication skills including conflict resolution;
- Ability to work in a team and maintain and develop relationships with colleagues and their local community;
- Working knowledge of database software products as well as online communication tools (preferably Excel, Word, Filemaker Pro, and Skype);
- Working knowledge of utilizing an email client or webmail;
- Effective business writing skills, strong problem solving and organizational skills, including attention to detail;
- Knowledge of CHN policies and procedures;
- Knowledge of international students and their cultures;