Prince George Family YMCA
Flexible work from home
Permanent Full-Time 40 hours per week
What you will gain
Starting 8% annual vacation
Paid sick days
Potential for full time benefits
Full benefits package
Annual YMCA Pension contribution of 5%
Discount on YMCA Child Care and Camps
Fund Development Coordinator
Who we are
Rooted in Northern BC for over 50 years, the YMCA of Northern BC is a charity of over 400 staff and volunteers working together to strengthen the foundations of our community through promoting healthy living, fostering belonging, inclusion, and connection, and helping children, families, and seniors thrive. We offer opportunities for personal growth and create social change through child care services, camp programs, community health services, employment services, recreation, and health and fitness services.
What you will do
At the YMCA people are our greatest asset and we are proud to be an employer of choice. Working at the YMCA means you are part of a fun, positive team in an environment of honesty, caring, respect, responsibility, and inclusivity. Our Association Services team supports our wide variety of programs and services through administration, finance, human resources, information technology, philanthropy, and marketing and communications.
What you will bring
Our experienced team members are passionate about supporting and growing the mission and goals of the YMCA throughout northern BC. They believe in putting people first with YMCA 5 Star Service and lead by example through teamwork, innovation, enthusiasm, and meaningful relationships.
Responsibilities and abilities
Reporting to the Director, Fund Development this person will be part of a provincial fund development team and be the ambassador for the YMCA as they activate fundraising plans for northern BC. This role focus on fundraising, donor appreciation, and when appropriate supports community awareness events. This individual will drive the annual YMCA CommUNITY Campaign that has many exciting components to it such as, executing appeals, supporting volunteer and staff fundraising events, direct donor asks, establishing a monthly giving program, identifying potential major gift donors and stewarding existing and new donors to the YMCA. This individual has some experience working directly with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, excellent event management skills, a strong aptitude for fundraising, and a commitment to delivering exceptional customer service while managing multiple projects and deadlines will add to the overall integrated fund development team. They will have a deep awareness of our community needs and a passion to make a positive impact.
- Develop annual plan to execute YMCA CommUNITY campaign
- Develop, execute and grow all established YMCA Community Campaign events (i.e. YMCA YMCA Megathon, Healthy Kids Day, and more) working collaboratively with staff and volunteers
- Support monthly YMCA Strong Kids fundraisers and implement two new fundraisers annually to
- increase annual campaign and meet objectives across the Association
- Establish a new donor program for Northern BC - ensure that first time donors are welcomed to the YMCA and proper follow-up, assignment and strategy is determined for the donor
- Assist the Director and VP Fund Development to plan a single day pledge provincial event to begin in 2024
- Participate in the delivery of culture of philanthropy training for all YMCA branches
- Assist with the development of budgets, reports, statistics
- Works closely with Marketing and Communications staff to develop and execute annual campaign promotion plans for fundraising activities
- Ensures compliance with all CRA regulations and laws, maintains accountability standards to donors and ensures compliance to Imagine Canada Accreditation standards
- Maintain accurate donor files with professional confidentiality, including maintaining a computerized database of donor information for integration into the Raiser’s Edge system
- Support Association-wide initiatives and events, coordinating volunteers and staff support
- Other administrative tasks as required
- Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in a related field
- Minimum 2 years of related experience
- Demonstrated achievement in annual fund development, training, and event management
- Ability to plan, implement and monitor event budget
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience and ability in preparing and delivering presentations to internal and external groups
- Team player with proven ability to foster community relationships and fundraising opportunities.
- Proven ability to plan, prioritize, implement multiple projects under pressure to meet deadlines
- High degree of independence and initiative
- Ability to work some evenings, weekends and flexible schedule, as required
- Respect for confidentiality and strong sense of professional ethics
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge an asset (note training will be provided)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Three satisfactory professional references.
- Satisfactory Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Search. The YMCA will provide applicable instructions and paperwork.
In addition to bringing a commitment to YMCA vision and values, and an orientation to service, the candidate should possess the following competencies:
- Negotiation/Communication/Interpersonal Skills Able to speak, write, listen and secure information in a variety of settings. Ability to cooperate with others to achieve results. Ability to create and build relationships inside and outside the organization.
- Planning/Organizing – Ability to establish a clearly defined and effective course of action for self and others to accomplish short and long term goals.
- Problem Solving – Ability to identify an issue, gathers and processes relevant information, determine possible solutions, selects appropriate responses and implements and evaluates them.
- Service Strategy – Ability to identify the needs and wants of members/participants as a priority and respond in an effective and timely manner to enhance every person’s YMCA experience.
- Initiative/Enthusiasm/Innovation – Ability to manage and lead in order to achieve and exceed identified goals.
- Community Awareness and Understanding – Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the vision, mission and values of the organization.
- Project Resource Management – Ability to manage a project from initial planning to completion.
- Strategic Planning/Visioning - Ability to visualize future direction and formulate strategies, plans and action to achieve vision