Position Title: Best Practices Manager
Department: Central Administration
Reports to: Director of Operations & HR
The Best Practices Manager is a leadership-level position and responsible for building a culture of quality improvement across the organization. This newly created position is an exciting opportunity for a leader who is passionate about building dynamic and supportive people-based environments. Using their abilities to motivate and inspire, they engage and influence leaders and staff across the organization to change mindsets, adopt quality improvement thinking, and develop new skills. They work collaboratively with teams and use change management approaches to ensure the effective and consistent application of policies, practices, systems, and standards that are rooted in our organizational values of diversity, respect, and excellence. They also orient, train, guide, and coach teams to reflect on and adopt current and emerging best practices, including data-driven and evidence-based approaches.
- Motivate and inspire teams in the implementation of quality improvement thinking and practices at the local team-level. This includes supporting teams to understand quality improvement frameworks and practices, develop and implement evaluation and improvement plans, as well as data collection and analysis.
- Engage, influence, and support teams in the change management process as they operationalize and implement new/updated policies, practices, systems, standards, and processes across their various areas of work. This includes developing and conducting orientations, training, and coaching with leaders and staff based on the unique needs of each team while fostering a dynamic and supportive environment.
- Develop strong relationships with leaders, and provide consultation, coaching, and guidance to support them as they navigate through organizational, sectoral, operational, environmental, and other changes that impact their teams and areas of work.
- Research and analyze current and emerging sector-specific best practices, standards, and competencies, and support teams to understand and adopt relevant practices and standards to achieve quality outcomes and impacts. This includes working with teams to develop team-specific protocols and standards, as well as orienting, training, guiding, and coaching teams to ensure effective implementation.
- Lead the group facilitation of learning both across the organization and within teams. This includes designing, coordinating, and delivering tailored training and coaching to change ways of thinking and develop new skills for a high and consistent level of services and operations.
- Engage and support each team to collect, analyze, interpret, and make use of quantitative and qualitative data on services, demographics, outcomes, impact, quality, as well as operational performance.
- Develop evidence-based recommendations to enhance services and operations in order to effectively achieve the organization’s mission, vision, and priorities.
- Values. Behaves consistently with clear personal values that complement Impact North Shore’s values of excellence, diversity, and respect.
- Integrity & Ethics. Ensures integrity in personal and organizational practices. Builds a respectful and client-centered workplace.
- Innovation. Thinks creatively; is open to new ideas and technologies. Is committed to developing effective and new approaches to service excellence. Is flexible and adaptable to meeting changing demands of clients, funders, and other stakeholders.
- Accountability. Accepts and creates a culture of accountability; fosters personal growth; takes personal ownership. Is self-aware and demonstrates a commitment to ongoing learning and continual improvement. Assesses risk and develops risk mitigation strategies.
- Engagement. Shows passion for the job and the mission of Impact North Shore. Engages people, organizations, and partners in developing goals, executing plans, and in delivering results.
- Effective Communication. Fosters open communication, listens to others, speaks effectively, and prepares written communication so that messages are clearly understood.
- Organized & Efficient. Plans ahead and works in a systematic and organized way. Follows directions and procedures and ensures deliverables are meet on time and according to agreed standards.
- Strategic Thinking. Has a vision for the future, builds plans, and makes decisions to get there. Aligns program policy and delivery with the strategic directions of Impact North Shore. Champions organizational change.
- Building the Team. Recognizes that the leader alone cannot get the job done; coaches staff and volunteers to meet the mission of Impact North Shore. Builds successful relationships with clients, staff, volunteers, and partners.
- Results Focused. Action-oriented. Maximizes organizational effectiveness and sustainability. Aligns people, work, and systems to meet organizational objectives.
Education & Experience
- 3-5 years of experience and/or post-secondary education in social sciences or equivalent discipline.
- Experience in non-profit, social services sector.
- Experience developing and implementing quality improvement and change management practices.
- Experience in implementing policies, procedures, systems, and standards.
- Experience in delivering orientation, training, and coaching to teams.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of quality improvement planning, tools, and practices, particularly for the social services sector.
- Knowledge of change management approaches and practices.
- Proficient with Microsoft 365 applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Teams, as well as Zoom.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in the collection, analysis, and interpretation of quantitative and qualitative data.
- Excellent engagement, communication, conflict resolution, and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to motivate, inspire, and influence leaders and staff in the adoption of new policies, systems, practices, standards, and work processes.
- Ability to present complex systems, information, and data in an accessible and engaging manner.
- Ability to foster a dynamic and supportive culture of learning and quality improvement among leaders and staff.
- Ability to adapt to different team, work, and communication styles.
- Ability to work independently and under time pressure to meet deadlines and balance multiple priorities.
- Ability to think critically and solve problems using creative approaches.
- Flexibility and ability to thrive in an environment with emerging needs, changing conditions, and competing deadlines.
Hours: 28-35 hours a week (work outside of regular hours will be required on as needed basis)
Salary Range: $35.00 - $38.00 per hour