- Outreach and providing literacy resources (one to one tutoring, group sessions) with learners at Snuneymuxw, Snaw Naw As, and Stz'uminus.
- Outreach and providing literacy resources for First Nations, Metis and Inuit learners who are served off-reserve (one to one tutoring, group sessions).
- Asisst in assessing learners and facilitate the preparation of learning plans with tutors
- Assist with Match/Support of our tutor program
- Identify literacy gaps and needs in communities
- Work collaboratively withe the Executive Director to respond to emerging needs.
- Comfortable with learning and or creating digital media including YouTube, Podcast software, Canva
Qualifications and Experience:
- Ability to work collaboratively with culturally-diverse communities, volunteers, co-workers and community partners.
- Comfortable with on-line learning formats.
- Teaching experience and ability to do learning assessments.
- University degree or equivalent combination of experience and education in a relevant field (ie Education, Community development, Social Work)
- Proven ability with community outreach
- Comprehensive understanding of literacy issues for youth, adults and families.
- Cultural Competency knowledge
- Srong knowledge of diversity and equity
- Valid BC drivers license is required
- Criminal record check with vulnerable sector will be required
Must have knowledge and experience working with Snuneymuxw, Snaw Naw As and Stz'uminus
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!