The Evergreen Events Coordinator is integral to the success of the dynamic Hospitality & Events team. With a keen eye for detail and organization, the Event Coordinator is an enthusiastic team-player who is ready to kick-start a career in the events industry. The Events Coordinator plays an important administrative and logistics role within the Hospitality & Events team, and helps to ensure this significant piece of Evergreen's social enterprise prospers. With a can-do attitude and a focus on team work, the Events Coordinator thrives in a fast-paced environment and recognizes that small details help shape the big picture.
Evergreen is a national not-for-profit helping make cities flourish. Cities that are low carbon, inclusive to all and sustainable at their core.
For 30 years, Evergreen has been making Canadian cities better places to move, work, live, play and grow. We have worked from coast to coast with governments, neighborhood groups, school boards, developers and residents, collaborating to create better communities.
Evergreen Brick Works is one of Toronto’s most sought-after reception and event facilities. Nestled in Toronto’s lush ravines in a setting of awe-inspiring heritage buildings, Evergreen Brick Works is a truly unique setting for events. The Brick Works offers a variety of facilities from corporate meeting rooms to large receptions venues.
About the Role:
The Events Coordinator works primarily with our Sr. Manager, Sales to support the sales process of the Event Venues and Meeting Rooms at Evergreen Brick Works and with the Finance team to reconcile and consolidate invoices and ensure payment.
- Respond to event inquiries and general sales activities alongside the Sr. Manager, Sales
- Administer the department’s internal management system, Caterease, including inputting inquiries, updating templates and menus, producing reports and coordination of Caterease across departments
- Provide critical administrative support to the Hospitality and Events Team as required, including accurate data input, preparation of client estimates, building client floor plans and assisting with supply orders
- Liaise with suppliers and internal Finance department to ensure prompt and accurate event reconciliation and invoicing
- Processing of all Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payables
- Manage the process of collecting and tracking of event payments
- Participate in beverage inventory– event reconciliation and monthly inventory process
- Create and send out weekly reports as needed, review for anomalies and problem solving with appropriate parties
- Support on-site event execution on an as needed basis.
- Contribute to special projects as they emerge, such as revamping event collateral, building new tracking mechanisms and procedures
- Help to ensure that events are executed in a safe, orderly and disciplined manner in accordance with Evergreen's policies and Health & Safety standards
- Contribute to positive workplace culture and great internal communication
- Model Evergreen’s core values of sustainability, innovation and connection
You excel in the following areas:
- Attention to detail. Recognize that details matter. Work systematically to ensure important details do not slip through the cracks.
- Calm under pressure. Demonstrate composure in stressful situations.
- Communication. Speak, listen and write in a clear, confident, respectful, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Customer-focus. Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of others in a way that exceeds their expectations.
- Proactivity/Enthusiasm/Persistence. Act without being told what to do. Demonstrate passion and excitement over work. Display a can-do attitude.
You have the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary education or certificate in Hospitality/Events, or equivalent lived experience
- 1+ years of hospitality experience an asset, with a preference given to restaurant, catering, venue or hotel
- Excellent attention to detail with demonstrated success
- Fundamental understanding of accounting principles for hospitality
- Advanced MS Office, Excel experience
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Experience using event software, such as Caterease, is considered an asset
- Supervised by: Senior Manager, Sales
- Collaborates with: Entire Event Team and external departments
- Coordinates work flow for Interns when required
- Position is based out of Evergreen's head office at Evergreen Brick Works in Toronto
- Office environment during regular working hours, as well as onsite on weekends and evenings as required
- Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy: At Evergreen we are committed to doing what we can to keep our employees, volunteers, and visitors safe and healthy during the current pandemic. We believe that an important part of this effort is to ensure our employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For more information, please see our COVID-19 Guide.
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Lifting heavy objects on a regular basis
- Doing repetitive tasks with few breaks, etc.
- Permanent, full-time
- Target Hire Rate: $45,000 - $50,000 annually
- Employer-paid health and dental benefits package, 3 weeks paid vacation, 3 Evergreen Days and your birthday off, and professional development opportunities.
Application Close Date: October 2nd, 2022. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and candidates may be contacted before the closing date.
*Please include a cover letter with your resume to be considered for this position.*