Position title: Settlement Program Assistant – Mandarin Speaking
Department: Settlement and SWIS
Program: Settlement and SWIS
Reports to: Settlement and Family Programs Manager and SWIS Manager
The Settlement Program Assistant provides basic assessment, information and support on the phone, via email and responds to clients. This position provides service delivery support and ensures accurate data entry, tracking, and reporting of program deliverables and outcomes. The Settlement Program Assistant provides support with program evaluation, budget tracking and statistical compilation as required and provides general administrative support to the Settlement & SWIS program to ensure smooth daily operations. The Settlement Program Assistant works at both North Vancouver and West Vancouver offices, as required.
- Provides basic assessment, information, and support on the phone, via email and in person.
- Identifies client settlement service needs and ensures eligibility for federally funded services.
- Ensures services align with IRCC planned activities and that all IRCC deliverables are met.
- Assesses and responds to clients in crises / presenting with visible trauma on the phone or in-person and provides immediate support, notifying others in the settlement team when a more in-depth service intervention is required.
- Arranges settlement service appointments, as needed.
- Ensures Settlement Lead / Manager of Settlement and Employment Services are aware of any significant concerns / client issues as quickly as possible.
- Conducts orientation to settlement services and guides clients in identifying services that would meet their settlement and integration needs.
- Provides referrals to internal settlement programs and external community based and/or government services.
- Conducts accurate and timely client data entry for Settlement and SWIS departments to the Impact North Shore database and iCARE system, document filing and maintenance of client files
- Reviews quality of service data and works with service staff to ensure the correct capture and entry of service data
- Ensures all required service data is correctly inputted into Impact North Shore and government databases; abides by privacy, confidentiality, and secure data storage guidelines; and swiftly responds to queries regarding service data quality.
- Provides program delivery and administrative support to all services lines for settlement and integration services (needs assessment, information and orientation, employment, community connections) and SWIS for all categories of clients.
- Becomes familiar with Impact North Shore policies and procedures, programming objectives, client service philosophy, and understands clearly the role this position plays in achieving contractual goals and outcomes.
- Provides first language services as required to enhance the client experience, including providing document translation support, as required.
- Reviews quality of service data and works with service staff to ensure the correct capture and entry of service data.
- Compiles and reviews quality of client outcome and satisfaction evaluations.
- Prepares workshops, team meetings, as needed.
- Assists with all administrative tasks, as needed.
- Performs other duties, as assigned
- Values. Behaves consistently with clear personal values that complement Impact North Shore’s values of excellence, diversity, and respect.
- Integrity & Ethics. Ensures integrity in personal and organizational practices. Builds a respectful and client-centered workplace.
- Innovation. Thinks creatively; is open to new ideas and technologies. Is committed to developing effective and new approaches to service excellence. Is flexible and adaptable to meeting changing demands of clients, funders, and other stakeholders.
- Accountability. Accepts and creates a culture of accountability; fosters personal growth; takes personal ownership. Is self-aware and demonstrates a commitment to ongoing learning and continual improvement. Assesses risk and develops risk mitigation strategies.
- Engagement. Shows passion for the job and the mission of Impact North Shore.
- Effective Communication. Fosters open communication, listens to others, speaks effectively, and prepares written communication so that messages are clearly understood.
- Organized & Efficient. Plans ahead and works in a systematic and organized way. Follows directions and procedures and ensures deliverables are meet on time and according to agreed standards.
- Fluency in Mandarin, including the ability to read, write, speak, and understand Mandarin.
- High school education and courses or experience in office administration.
- Good organizational ability, attention-to-detail skills, excellent communication and computer skills.
- 1-2 years’ experience in office environment and experience in dealing with the public.
- Experience in handling routine financial documents and organizing and maintaining standard office procedures.
- Able to function in a fast-paced environment and remain calm during periods of high demand.
- Excellent English language skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to support service delivery needs during the daytime and evening hours as needed.
Salary Range: $21.50 – $24.50 per hour dependent on experience
Work Schedule: 28 hours / week (schedule may vary)