Hours of Work Per Week: 40+
Scheduled Hours: 12-hours Awake Night Shift 19:00 - 07:00 Rotating 2-week schedule: Week 1: Mon, Tues, Fri, Sat, Sun Week 2: Wed, Thurs
304-32 Vegreville Dakota - this program supports 2 male clients with complex needs.
Experience with American Sign Language and autism is an asset.
NOTE* CUPE union membership required
*** This is a temporary full time position (You may apply for permanent positions with WJS Canada during this time) ***
2 week Shift rotation: 12 hr shifts (7pm - 7am AWAKE)
Week #1: Mon, Tues, Fri, Sat, Sun Week#2: Wed, Thurs
Typical overnight shift may include:
• 7pm - assist/model nightly bed-time routine (personal hygiene, brushing teeth, etc.)
• Overnight awake - ensure a consistent, healthy and safe environment for persons in care. In the event of an emergent situation, sleep staff will be responsible for awake responsibilities to provide immediate support in crisis situations.
• am - assist/model a regular morning routine, including normal hygiene, household tasks (including food prep, daily chores, etc.)
*The complex need rate (regular + $3/hr) is paid when directly working with complex needs clients. The regular rate is paid for training/meetings/non-complex needs work.*
In Your Role You Will
• Work independently with the client to achieve their goals; celebrate successes and offer encouragement during setbacks.
• Support/supervise complex behavioural, emotional and social needs/development
• Use de-escalation techniques to deal with challenging behaviours
• Complete job description available upon request
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Minimum Grade 12 or Diploma/Degree in Disabilities Studies, Social Work, Human Services, Special Education or equivalent
• One (1) year experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities & complex needs.
• MANDATORY - A valid Class 5 Driver License with clear driving abstract and reliable transportation
• Clear criminal record check and social services involvement check
• A positive attitude and belief that persons with disabilities have the right / responsibility to define and pursue their life choices, and pursue active participation and involvement in the community.
• Skills in assisting individuals in anger management, daily living, self help, etc.
• First Aid/CPR Certification
• Crisis Prevention Intervention, Medication Administration, Abuse Protocol, Proactive Procedures and Behavioural Strategies, Foundations and Disabilities Training
• Knowledge of basic health and safety rules and guidelines for personal health and safety, as appropriate.
What WJS Canada does
WJS Canada offers customized social services supports and programs to individuals with developmental disabilities, Acquired Brain Injury, FASD, Autism
Our Employees Enjoy
• Financial reward for New Hire/Employee referrals
• A fair and equitable wage.
• An excellent Health and Dental benefit plan, with premiums paid by the employer!
• Programming that meets current best practices.
• Innovation that sets and defines new standards of care.
• An empowering balance of independence and supervision.
• Staff training and employee development.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!