JOB TITLE: Accounting Assistant (EXEMPT)
REPORTS TO: Accounting Manager
EXEMPT, PART-TIME- 21 hours a week.
- Bachelor of Arts in Business with accounting/finance specialization OR Diploma in Accounting or Finance Management from an accredited post-secondary school with recent, related experience of four years Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- A minimum of one year experience in the use of SAGE 300 Accounting software, ComVida Software.
- Not for Profit experience preferred.
- Excel, Outlook, and MS Windows.
- Successful clearance of a criminal record check.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated ability to organize workload with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency with accounting, word processing, spreadsheet and database computer programs.
- Ability to operate or learn to operate and train others in use of office equipment such as telephone voice mail, fax, photocopier, computers.
- Ability to work well under pressure of meeting deadlines.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate experience and be knowledgeable in full cycle bookkeeping functions of Accounts Payable, Accounts receivable, Payroll, Bank Reconciliation, G/L and Financial Reporting.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains the accounting and payroll functions of the organization including full cycle accounting functions using SAGE 300
- Other duties as required