Location: Slave lake/High Prairie, Alberta
Hours of Work Per Week: 32
Scheduled Days Each Week: Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday
Scheduled Hours: 9am to 5pm Some flexibility outside of this time may be required.
WJS Canada's social services provide support to clients in care, youth and their families, who have experienced trauma, including Indigenous families on reserve lands, metis settlements and isolated, rural communities.
Their goal is to liaise with programs to ensure commitment to quality and continuity of care; develop/evaluate individual service plans, implement clinical interventions, support through transitions and evaluate client outcomes in relation to their personalized goals.
The Clinical Enhancement Specialist/Counsellor will travel (50%) northern Alberta to provide direct supports to clients within their communities.
Individuals and their families are invited to help create a culturally-responsive, customized plan, based on their specific needs and counselling best practices. By building customized support programs, instead of delivering services in a rigid, inflexible framework, WJS Canada has produced life changing results, even in the most complex cases.
This position reports to the Clinical Director.
In Your Role You Will
• Conduct biopsychosocial and functional assessments.
• Provide clinical support and Psychoeducation to the staff, families and individuals.
• Provide counselling and therapy from trauma informed and strength-based approaches.
• Develop and evaluate individual service plans with clinical lenses.
• Lead/coach front-line staff in implementing clinical interventions.
• Evaluate progress and outcomes based on client goals.
• Coordinate ongoing care and support transitions.
• Consult and collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team.
• Represent the agency at conferences, meetings, functions as appropriate.
• Complete comprehensive quarterly reports.
• Ensure professional licensing/accreditation requirements meet legal, regulatory, requirements, etc.
• Apply the WJS service delivery model to ensure the organization uses practices that promote the health, welfare, safety and security of families, children and staff.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Registered or Certified with appropriate provincial body - Registered Social Worker, Certified Clinical Counsellor, Registered Clinical Social Worker
• Master’s Degree in Social Work or Psychology
• 2+ years recent experience in clinical counselling and case management
• knowledge and expertise in different evidence-based therapeutic modalities (CBT, DBT, Attachment, trauma, Parenting)
• Familiar working with Indigenous families on local reservations and metis settlements.
• Experienced with Indigenous protocols.
• Prefer candidate who can speak an Indigenous language (Cree, Blackfoot, Ojibwa, Dene, Stoney, etc)
• Valid Class 5 drivers license and clean drivers abstract.
What WJS Canada does
WJS keeps families strong through a variety of programs and services, including:
• Family Reunification, Preservation and Support
• Home Visitation
• Supported Family Time
• Family Finding & Engagement
• Child in Care Services
• Foster and Kinship Care and Support
• Personal and Family Counselling
Our Employees Enjoy
• An excellent Health and Dental benefit plan, with premiums paid by the employer!
• A fair and equitable wage.
• Programming that meets current best practices.
• Innovation that sets and defines new standards of care.
• An empowering balance of independence and supervision.
• Staff training and employee development.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!