Evergreen is currently seeking to add to its team of Coordinators. This group of individuals are the fabric that holds Evergreen’s programs and operations together, ensuring seamless delivery and effective operations. Their talents and interests are as diverse as their many contributions, each relied on for their unique skills and experience.
The successful candidate will possess excellent time management and communications skills. The candidate will work well across departments and embed diversity, equity, and inclusion in their work.
Our Coordinators contribute to the success of multiple projects and teams, with certain focus areas depending on programming or operations that are active or emerging at any given time. The successful candidate for this role must be a team-player who is excited to engage with the wide scope of programming Evergreen offers, in a wide variety of ways.
Evergreen is a national not-for-profit helping make cities flourish. Cities that are low carbon, inclusive to all and sustainable at their core.
For 30 years, Evergreen has been making Canadian cities better places to move, work, live, play and grow. We’ve worked from coast to coast with governments, neighbourhood groups, school boards, developers and residents, collaborating to create better communities.
About The Role:
The Visitor Experience and Operations Coordinator is responsible for a wide variety of core administrative, communications and logistical duties in support of our diverse programming and operations. The Coordinator is relied upon for a number of important tasks within various projects, ensuring that the project team can operate in an efficient and effective way. A multi-tasker, with insight into multiple projects at any given time, the Coordinator is an enthusiastic team-player who will support the administration and delivery of Evergreen’s visitor experience programs, which includes welcoming visitors and participants at the Welcome Desk.
- Manage the Welcome Desk for 2-3 days weekly; Act as a key point-of-contact for general inquiries, providing information and professional customer service to the public and clients
- Coordinate visitor tracking, as well as other activity tracking and evaluation systems for the site
- Track and share regular progress updates on project and program deliverables and outcomes
- Support scheduling for staff or volunteers as needed
- Performance of various administrative functions including meeting coordination, using mail merge to send and manage special events, couriering, and mailing.
- Conduct effective, professional outreach that meets the needs of individual communities
- Help track budget expenditures
- Support program events by helping to coordinate logistics in advance, trouble shoot on day-of, and provide necessary support to attendees
- Help facilitate tours, orientations, or other activations, including on some evenings and weekends
- Support the coordination of Facilities projects and capital improvements.
- Provide support in communications including copy-editing documents and reports, writing blog posts, assisting with the development of website content, and the implementation of communication strategies
- Demonstrate a commitment to good internal communications and positive workplace culture
- Model Evergreen’s core values of sustainability, innovation, and connection
You excel in the following areas:
- Attention to detail. Recognize that details matter. Work systematically to ensure important details do not slip through the cracks.
- Customer-focus. Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of others in a way that exceeds their expectations.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Manage ambiguity well. Adapt to changing priorities and conditions in an agile way, responding quickly and effectively. React to change with curiosity and excitement.
- Communication. Communicate in a confident, thorough, and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques depending on the audience.
You have the following qualifications:
- 3+ years’ relevant experience
- University or college degree/diploma (or equivalent professional experience)
- Previous administrative experience would be considered an asset
- Familiarity with design thinking models would be considered an asset
- Ability to work a flexible work week, inclusive of evenings and weekends
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Proficient in use of Word, Excel and Power Point
- Reports to Manager, Visitor Experience and Operations
- Position is based out of Evergreen’s head office at Evergreen Brick Works in Toronto
- Office environment with on the ground presence as required.
- Regular office hours are flexible, but work may include some weekends holidays and/or evenings.
- Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy: At Evergreen we are committed to doing what we can to keep our employees, volunteers, and visitors safe and healthy during the current pandemic. We believe that an important part of this effort is to ensure our employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For more information, please see our COVID-19 Guide.
- Full-time, permanent
- Hire Rate: $44,000 - $48,000 annually
- Employer-paid health and dental benefits package, 3 weeks paid vacation, 3 Evergreen Days and your birthday off, and professional development opportunities.
Application Close Date: September 23rd, 2022
*Please include a cover letter with your resume to be considered for this position.*