About The Career Foundation: The Career Foundation is a dynamic non-profit organization that offers a wide range of employment, training, and HR services to job seekers and employers. Since its inception in 1988, The Career Foundation has steadily expanded its services. Operating out of seven locations, we now help thousands of people each year successfully accomplish their employment goals. Our team of dedicated professionals have described The Career Foundation as caring, compassionate, innovative, and team-oriented. For more information about us and our services, please visit our website at CareerFoundation.com.
Some of the benefits and features available to our employees include:
- Competitive compensation
- A comprehensive Health Benefits plan that includes massage therapy, naturopath services, travel coverage, and much more
- A comprehensive Dental Insurance plan
- An Employee & Family Assistance program
- An RRSP Matching plan
- A Wellness program
Program & Role Description: Conveniently located in Etobicoke, York, Downtown Toronto, North York, and Scarborough, The Career Foundation’s five (5) full-suite Employment Centres provide job seekers with a full range of services, including exploring career options, improving their résumés, preparing for interviews, and much more. Our Employment Centres also offer a range of services to employers, including job matching, hiring fairs, retention advice, and other services.
The Customer Information Representatives are important members of the team at our full suite Employment Centres. The position of Customer Information Representative (CIR) is responsible for the collection, tracking, and input of important customer data in internal and funder-mandated reporting systems, preparing and updating various reports and trackers utilizing advanced Excel functions, and providing exceptional customer service duties.
Position type: Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
Number of Positions: 1
Reporting to: Manager
Experience Required: 2+ years
Location: This opportunity is currently structured as a hybrid-remote position comprised of on-site work at a base office at Weston Road & Lawrence Ave. W. in York, ON, on-site work from other offices in the GTA when needed, and work-from-home functions on some days. The hybrid-remote schedule is based upon operational needs and contingent on the successful candidate having appropriate work-from-home space with high-speed internet. Company laptop and other equipment provided.
Start date: Immediately
Please note: Full-time employees in their first year with The Career Foundation are normally provided with a term employment agreement until they have reached one year of service, at which time if all is going mutually well they are offered indefinite employment.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: The Career Foundation is committed to the health and safety of its workforce. As of December 16, 2021, successful candidates for our internal employment opportunities must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit proof of same prior to receiving an official employment offer. Accommodations will be made where possible for qualifying medical or religious exemptions.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited, to:
- Attends to incoming calls, online applicants, and walk-in clients to provide program information, and covers front-desk reception duties on a shared coverage schedule.
- Responds to messages and requests from clients, partners, and suppliers, including incoming and outgoing e-mails.
- Provides assistance to job seeker clients in the office’s computer lab, including troubleshooting computer and office equipment when required.
- Completes client intake procedures with new clients and enters their data into appropriate systems for case files and service plans, including their work history and other information.
- Conducts follow-up calls to job seeker clients following hiring events and/or other marketing initiatives.
- Participates in providing Information Sessions to new potential clients to share information about The Career Foundation’s services.
- Other customer service duties as assigned.
- Enters client data into internal and funder-mandated online systems with total accuracy.
- Assesses online reports and cross-references statistics with internal trackers.
- Updates client data and service histories in online systems to reflect services received.
- Assists with assembling and auditing hardcopy and electronic client files according to The Career Foundation’s audit standards.
- Communicates with staff members regarding any missing data, signatures, etc. required for client files as submitted from their caseload and ensures that subsequent information obtained from clients is inputted.
- Completes file checklists to ensure that all files are ready for funder audits.
- Performs full process required for client file closures, including data verification, binding of documents, and filing.
- Conducts exit follow-ups with clients at regular intervals (3, 6, and 12 months), and records status updates in client files.
- Organizes and maintains physical and electronic filing systems.
- Generates dashboards using Microsoft Power BI, while providing data visualization and reporting to management.
- Analyzes data and performs data cleaning on available datasets prior to report generation.
- Maintains up-to-date budget expenditures report utilizing Microsoft Excel and other software, ensuring timely entries into trackers and systems.
- Assists in collecting and organizing financial information for budget preparation as needed and verifies and reconciles internal trackers with reports from the Finance department.
- Creates reports for management on statistics, expenditures, and program targets.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
Qualifications/ Skills Required:
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in business administration, finance or related field is preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Must possess experience utilizing advanced MS Excel formulas and functions, including the ability to create pivot tables and dashboards.
- A minimum of 2 years’ direct experience in an administrative and/or customer service capacity. Prior experience working with budgets, invoices and financial data, and compiling statistical reports considered a strong asset.
- Must be able to work on-site from a base location at Weston Road & Lawrence Ave. W., in York, Ontario.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills with ability to clearly communicate information verbally and in writing. Fluency in a second language will be considered an asset.
- Outstanding detail orientation, organizational skills, problem solving and analytical skills, with a proven ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on Excel, as well as Zoom, and Outlook 365 applications, including Teams, SharePoint, Forms, and Bookings.
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to uphold the organization’s service standards, policies, and core values in all interactions with fellow staff members, partners, and other stakeholders.
- Ability to maintain sensitive information, exhibit tact, diplomacy, and good judgment, with high standards of ethics and confidentiality.
- A professional and courteous approach to client service with a high level of respect for the diversity of the people served.
- Aptitude and willingness to learn and work with new online systems and technologies.
- Strong organizational skills and very responsive and flexible to evolving responsibilities in order to respond to different priorities, with work varying from day-to-day.
- Punctual, self-motivated and self-directed.
- A positive approach to work and willingness to take initiative to lend assistance where needed to ensure that the team is successful in meeting department goals.
- This opportunity is currently structured as a hybrid-remote position comprised of on-site work at a base office located near Weston Road & Lawrence Ave. W. in York, ON, on-site work from other offices in the GTA when needed, and work-from-home functions on some days. Schedule is as determined by the Manager and based upon operational needs.
- Must be fully vaccinated (two doses) against COVID-19. The successful candidate will be required to submit official documentation to confirm vaccination status prior to job offer.
How to Apply:
Please visit the ‘Join Our Team’ page on our website at https://careerfoundation.com/join-our-team and select the position for which you would like to submit your application. You may complete the application form directly through our website. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please. Thank you for your interest in The Career Foundation.
The Career Foundation’s Commitment:
The Career Foundation is committed to diversity and inclusion and aims to create a healthy and rewarding environment for all. We welcome applications from qualified individuals who represent the diversity of the people we proudly serve, including, but not limited to, visible minorities, women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples, and individuals of all genders and sexual orientation. The Career Foundation, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), is also committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with candidates requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.