POSITION TITLE: Philanthropy Coordinator
This position is responsible for supporting the Philanthropy team in the development and growth of the fundraising portfolio, assisting with the coordination and execution of all donor fundraising campaigns, stewardship initiatives, prospective donor research, and maintenance of existing donor or sponsor relationships. This position will provide administrative and operational support to the Philanthropy team, contribute to donor engagement and stewardship initiatives, collaborate with the Communications team to develop fundraising materials and assets, and provide front-facing fundraising support to donors.
Location: Vancouver office
Reports To: Manager of Philanthropy
Works Closely With: Members of the Philanthropy team, members of the Communications, Finance and Service Delivery Teams, SCI BC Members, external supporters
Direct Reports: None
MAJOR AREAS OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide front-facing fundraising support to the Philanthropy team by assisting with thank you calls, donor touchpoints, and other donor engagement initiatives throughout the year
- Support third-party fundraisers and events as needed, including assistance with online fundraising pages, event logistics, and communications with fundraisers and donors
- Attend SCI BC events and provide relationship management support to donors as needed
- Support the Philanthropy team with donor engagement and stewardship, including assistance with the creation of impact reports, stewardship materials, thank you letters and cards, letters of endorsement and funding proposals
- Collaborate with the Communications team to create marketing materials and campaigns to engage, cultivate and steward donors, members, and sponsors
- Take a lead role in developing and maintaining the Philanthropy team’s advertising portfolio, including processing insertion orders and ad files, working with the Communications team on production, maintaining strong relationships with current advertisers, and supporting the development of new advertising opportunities
Data, Reporting and Analytical Support:
- Provide analytical support to the Philanthropy team by reporting on donors, sponsorships, and grants (tasks would include pulling reports from database, analyzing and manipulating data, and tracking sponsorship and grant deliverables)
- Provide general administrative and operational support to the Philanthropy team, including support with large mail outs, mail merges, and meetings
- Become a “Super User” of the SCI BC donor database and support the organization with donor record maintenance and account updates, pulling donor and fundraising reports, and working with donor data
- Process donations, assist with tax receipting processes, and ensure accurate data entry and donation coding
EDUCATION: Post-secondary education in fundraising, marketing, non-profit management, or similar is an asset.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 2-3 years experience working in fundraising. Experience in non-profit and social-mission sector organizations an asset.
- Ability to represent the organization in a professional, competent, welcoming manner
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and ideally has experience working with SharePoint or similar share drives
- Experience with contact or donor databases (DonorPerfect preferably)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Strong relationship management skills and experience working with donors and volunteers
- A positive attitude and willingness to solve problems and work in a fast-paced environment
- Resourcefulness with the desire to take initiative, learn new skills and improve practices
- Exceptional time management skills, ability to handle multiple competing priorities, can approach tasks with an analytical mindset, and is comfortable working with data and reports
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
Frequent: Typical office-related demands
Working Conditions: Comparable to a standard office.
Hours per week: Full-time (37.5 hours/week).
Unusual hours: Occasionally required. Attendance at events and occasional travel within and beyond the Lower Mainland may be required.
Note: Spinal Cord Injury BC has adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy, which requires all staff to be fully vaccinated. For those not able to receive the COVID-19 vaccine, please provide documentation verifying medical exemption from the vaccine to be considered for this role.
Spinal Cord Injury Organization of BC (SCI BC) values diversity and strives to ensure equal employment opportunities to all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected basis. SCI BC complies with all applicable laws, rules and regulations in the performance of Canadian Labour Codes and the BC Employment Standards.