Scheduled Hours: 40 hrs/wk; Office hours are 8:30-4:30, however, staff work a flexible 40 hrs./week, including evenings & weekends to accommodate children & family schedules, drives and supervised family visitation, which may fall on a weekend.
392-32 Strong Families St Paul
Using a Signs of Safety and strengths-based approach, the program works with youth, children & families to support the development of healthy daily living skills, self-esteem, conflict management, parenting, addiction, mental health, healthy interpersonal, home management, financial skills, and other areas of necessary support or interest as identified by youth and family.
It also helps families and youth access community resources/programs (recreation, child care, employment supports & job coaching, addictions support, family counselling, etc.), and build a support network for future growth and success.
The Family Support Worker supports families to successfully and safely raise their children, by building on their strengths and learning new skills such as daily routine for children, attachment, child development milestones, healthy family conflict resolution and so on.
With children and youth, we focus on mentorship, parent-teen conflicts, self esteem and conflict resolution. Supports are designed for the youth’s particular situation and focus on building resilience, life skills and developing positive relationships with friends and family.
Preference for qualified Indigenous (First Nations, Inuit and Metis) applicants with strong cultural ties to the community.
**Qualification requirements deem this to be Family Support Worker level 2.**
In Your Role You Will
• Travel to family homes and communities within the service area in own vehicle – travel reimbursed.
• With input from the youth and families develop goal-based service plans and ensure accurate client file management which involves timely documentation and record of client activities.
• Evening and weekend work is required, as this is the time when families with children are together and is often a stressful time for families.
• Connect children & families with support networks, outside agencies and community resources and organize ongoing service delivery.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Diploma or Bachelor Degree in Social Work, Child and Youth Care, Social Service Worker, Addictions, etc.
• 2+ years social work experience in family supports, intervention, youth work, trauma informed care, kinship or foster care, etc.
• Valid Alberta Driver’s License, reliable vehicle with appropriate insurance, and clean driver’s abstract
• Previous experience in developing community events and projects to engage with youth and families, is desirable.
• Knowledge of indigenous culture is an asset
• Experience working with computer software systems
• Highly motivated, and able to work independently
What WJS Canada does
WJS keeps families strong through a variety of programs and services, including:
• Family Reunification, Preservation and Support
• Home Visitation
• Supported Family Time
• Family Group Conferencing
• Child in Care Services
• Foster and Kinship Care and Support
• Personal and Family Counselling
• Early Intervention or Diversion Programs
• Driver Escorts for Families
Our Employees Enjoy
• An excellent Health and Dental benefit plan, with premiums paid by the employer!
• A fair and equitable wage.
• Best-practice programming
• An empowering balance of independence and supervision.
• Staff training and employee development.
We recognize that equity diversity and inclusion (EDI) is an important element in our work and in our day to day lives.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!