Position: Employment Specialist
WorkBC Employment Centre – Kamloops
Regular full-time position at 36 hours per week starting as soon as possible.
Reporting to the WorkBC Manager and Associate Program Director – WorkBC Kamloops, assists eligible job seekers who are employed or underemployed, to achieve labour market attachment by performing such activities as assessing employment readiness and eligibility, supporting client(s) to identify realistic employment options and develop realistic action plans, become job ready, and successfully transition to sustainable employment.
- Assist clients to become job ready be performing such activities as: arranging for further education or up-grading, researching funding sources or funding alternatives and preparing education funding applications for approval.
- Advise clients and employers of wage subsidy information and placement terms. Subsequently follows up with clients and employers to ensure education, work experience, and employment placements and agreements are established and maintained. Monitors the quality of client placements.
- Actively builds relationships with local employers to match clients/candidates to job opportunities and provides post-hire support to employers to promote the long-term employment placements of clients.
- Completes and maintains client related records, documentation, and reports.
- Evaluates individual’s background, skills, and interest and matches to potential job openings or training programs.
- Administer Client Needs Assessments using variety of assessments tools, as required to support a realistic action plan towards employment.
- Monitor, revise (if needed) and support Client with Return-to-Work Action Plans.
- Assist Clients to access interventions such as Short-Term Certificate Training, Essential Skills Training, Occupational Skills Training, Short Duration Training, Self-Employment Orientation, Self-Employment Short-Term Training, Wage Subsidies, Job Creation Programs, Job Search Supports, Job Supports and any other Applicable WorkBC funding clients may be eligible for.
- Support Clients in completing Skills Training packages to connect with education/training.
- Understand and follow all policy and procedures related to WorkBC Case Management and stay current with updates and changes in policy.
- Document Client progress and milestone through the Integrated Case Management (ICM) database.
- Ensure the consistency for government audits and work within government compliance regulations.
- Work closely with Quality Assurance team and the Manager to ensure accuracy in data entry service delivery.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Post-secondary degree or diploma in marketing, business administration, community social services supplemented by a minimum of three (3) years recent related experience OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience acceptable to the employer.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral English at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively and courteously with clients, staff and the public who may come from differing cultural, linguistic and/or socio-economic backgrounds.
- Knowledgeable of career development and labour market needs and trends.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage a high-volume caseload.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and problem-solve.
- Proficiency in all aspects of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Possession of and the ability to maintain a clear provincial criminal recork check.
- Ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination is required.
ISSofBC’s mission and values emphasize inclusivity and recognition of individuals’ unique talents. In recruiting and developing our staff, we see strength in diversity of backgrounds, lived experiences, and identities. We welcome and encourage applicants who bring new perspectives and experiences to our team.
Closing Date: Open until filled
Salary Rate: $24.75 – $30.48 per hour. Education, training, experience, and internal equity will be taken into consideration.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.