Title: Operations Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Employment Status: Permanent Full-time, with benefits
Compensation: $48,000 – $53,000 annually
Deadline: October 5, 2022, 4:00 p.m. EDT
Location: Ottawa, ON (Carp)
Hours: Full-time regular position; 37.5 hours/week Monday to Friday, including occasional evenings and weekends.
The Operations Manager will lead in the management of the Diefenbunker’s museum operations, visitor services, and front-line staff. This role is central to the leadership team’s sharp focus on delivering compelling in-person experiences that result in repeated, fruitful, and rich visitor engagement with the museum.
Reporting to the Executive Director, this role requires a proactive approach, administrative responsibility, and the ability to handle multiple portfolios. This role oversees and ensures the smooth operations of the museum including reservations, visitor services, the Gift Shop, volunteers, and the Membership Program.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manages operations staff, volunteers, and front-line staff. This includes recruiting, training, mentoring, and evaluating all operations and front-line staff to guide them to fully accomplish their goals and objectives;
• Motivate employees through regular interpersonal interactions, fostering creativity, innovation, and empowerment. Promote a positive and professional work environment;
• Manage the reservation staff, who is responsible for booking all services and programs, such as Group Tours, Birthday Parties, Educational Programs, events, rentals, and special programs;
• Produce weekly and monthly staff schedules;
• Lead departmental meetings;
• Manage the “Escape the Diefenbunker” partnership and ensure smooth operation of the Escape experience;
• Manage the Membership Program;
• Oversee the museum Gift Shop, including purchasing, receiving, and the point-of-sale system;
• Oversee signage and wayfinding;
• Oversee visitor surveys and statistics;
• Update customer service and operating procedures/protocols, as well as front-line training materials. Also assist with staff training;
• Manage the museum’s Health & Safety procedures and plan;
• Order/purchase all office supplies and equipment;
• Maintain human resource data and records for front-line staff;
• Ensure museum compliance with all regulations, laws, and policies in the daily operation of the museum and its events;
• Ensure the museum is presentable and visitor services standards are being met;
• Provide advice to the Executive Director on strategic short- and long-term direction for operations;
• Manage department operations, work plans, and annual budget;
• Communicate organizational objectives, goals, and operational policies to employees;
• Write and manage student grants, including Young Canada Works and Canada Summer Jobs.
• Post secondary education in Administration, Business Management, Museum Studies, or a related field;
• Three to five years in Customer Service, Human Resource, Operations, and/or Administration;
• Experience managing people and teams;
• Strong administrative, organizational, and leadership skills;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Ability to accurately track and manage multiple projects simultaneously;
• Ability to work effectively on a team and think strategically;
• Problem solving ability and creative solution-based approach and experience;
• Exceptional at building relationships at all levels within an organization;
• Adaptable and innovative;
• Functional in the second official language preferred.
THE DIEFENBUNKER MUSEUM OFFERS:
• A fun, collaborative working environment;
• A place for continuous learning and growth;
• Flexible work hours;
• A comprehensive benefits package plus vacation;
• Professional development opportunities which may include conferences, business development training, etc.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!