Up to 28 hours/week
One Year Limited Term Contract
The Educator is responsible for planning, developing, and delivering a variety of public and educational programs at both Ireland House Museum and Joseph Brant Museum. The Educator will be required to work some evening, weekends, and a number of special events held throughout the year.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Researches, plans and delivers: school programs; youth group programs; adult education programs; outreach programs; booked tours; and, general admissions.
2. Books and schedules programs.
3. Provides program support, as required, for special events and activities.
4. Researches, plans and delivers co-operative programs with other groups.
5. Maintains security in the buildings, arming and disarming security systems and securing exits.
6. Front-line duties and reception (gift shop, phones, etc.)
University and/or college degree in history, education or museum studies.
Demonstrated communication and public relations skills.
Demonstrated experience in museum program development, delivery and interpretation.
Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Sound knowledge of discipline of Canadian history appropriate to site interpretation at both Museum sites.
Standard First Aid/CPR Certification
Valid Drivers License
The Museums of Burlington is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. Employment is decided based on qualifications, merit and business need.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!