Evergreen is currently seeking to add to its team of Coordinators. This group of individuals are the fabric that holds Evergreen’s programs and operations together, ensuring seamless delivery and effective operations. Their talents and interests are as diverse as their many contributions, each relied on for their unique skills and experience.
The successful candidate will work well across departments and embed diversity, equity, and inclusion in their work.
Our Coordinators contribute to the success of multiple projects and teams, with certain focus areas depending on programming or operations that are active or emerging at any given time. The successful candidate for this role must be a team-player who is excited to engage with the wide scope of programming Evergreen offers, in a wide variety of ways.
Evergreen is a national not-for-profit helping make cities flourish. Cities that are low carbon, inclusive to all and sustainable at their core.
For 30 years, Evergreen has been making Canadian cities better places to move, work, live, play and grow. We’ve worked from coast to coast with governments, neighbourhood groups, school boards, developers and residents, collaborating to create better communities.
About the Role:
The Program Coordinator is responsible for a wide variety of core administrative, communications, evaluation, and logistical duties in support of our diverse programming. Each Program Coordinator is relied upon for their knowledge of public space and civic commons sustainability practices to do important tasks, ensuring that the project team can operate in an efficient and effective way. In addition to these core functions, Program Coordinators branch out to play a key role in on-the-ground program delivery, utilizing their unique skills to help our programs come alive.
Program Coordinators thrive in a fast-moving environment and provide consistent, timely support; they are team players and strong communicators who see how small details shape the big picture.
- Help support stakeholder management, program design and implementation
- Track and share regular progress updates on project and program deliverables and outcomes
- Help deliver on-the-ground programs, engaging directly with participants
- Help facilitate volunteer participation within programs and ensure a positive and impactful volunteer experience
- May help coordinate scheduling for staff or volunteers
- Performance of various administrative functions, including:
- creation of meeting agendas.
- meeting coordination & the taking of minutes.
- sending summary briefs and task lists following meetings.
- develop, send, and manage special event invitations in Outlook
- provide executive support to senior leaders
- Conduct effective, professional outreach that meets the needs of individual communities
- Help track budget expenditures.
- Work with a team of administrative professionals across the organization to help facilitate cross-departmental collaboration.
- Help facilitate workshops, orientations, or other activations, including on some evenings and weekends.
- Engage in communication support by copy-editing documents and reports, writing blog posts and other external-facing documents, and assisting with developing the website. content, supporting document design, and supporting the implementation of communication strategies
- Demonstrate a commitment to good internal communications and positive workplace culture
- Model Evergreen’s core values
You excel in the following areas:
- Customer-focus. Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of others in a way that exceeds their expectations.
- Communication. Speak, listen and write in a clear, confident, respectful, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Attention to detail. Recognize that details matter. Work systematically to ensure important details do not slip through the cracks.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Manage ambiguity well. Adapt to changing priorities and conditions agilely, responding quickly and effectively. React to change with curiosity and excitement.
- Collaboration. Employ generosity of spirit when working across lines.
- Innovation. Build new opportunities. Resourceful in the face of challenges. Focused on solutions. Prioritize learning and growth
You have the following qualifications:
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- University or college degree/diploma (or equivalent professional experience)
- Bilingual and fluent in French and English would be considered an asset
- Previous administrative experience would be considered an asset
- Familiarity with design thinking models would be considered an asset
- Ability to work a flexible work week, inclusive of evenings and weekends
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Proficient in the use of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Supervised by Program Manager
- The position is usually based out of Evergreen’s head office at Evergreen Brick Works in Toronto. However, due to COVID 19 pandemic this position will be working remotely and on site as needed.
- Office environment with on the ground presence as required
- Regular office hours are flexible, but work will include some weekends, holidays and/or evenings
- Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy: At Evergreen we are committed to doing what we can to keep our employees, volunteers, and visitors safe and healthy during the current pandemic. We believe that an important part of this effort is to ensure our employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For more information, please see our COVID-19 Guide.
- Full time, 12-month contract with the possibility of extension
- Target Hire Rate: $45,000 - $48,000 annually
- Employer-paid health and dental benefits package, 3 weeks paid vacation, 3 Evergreen Days and your birthday off, and professional development opportunities.
Application Close Date: October 16th, 2022. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and candidates may be contacted before the closing date.
*Please include a cover letter with your resume to be considered for this position.*