The Administrator will ensure the efficient administration of the parish office, assisting the Incumbent, the Executive Director, Churchwardens, other clergy and staff in the execution of their duties
- Assist the Executive Director in the efficient and effective running of the office of the church
- Liase with all Vested Interest Groups/Renters
- Create /send invoices for rental usage of property
- Coordinate recording of Sunday offering, ETF offering, \ and other donations
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail and email
- Co-ordinate volunteers
- Produce Bulletins and weekly video presentations as required
- Create and distribute weekly electronic newsletter/announcements
- Create weekly service order and distribute to contributors
- Create and distribute an ongoing calendar of events.
- Collect and keep track of payments for events and activities in the church
- Post and electronically communicate weekly giving as reported by the Bookkeeper/Accountant
- Create and submit to the Diocese License Agreements and other necessary documentation for property rentals etc.
- Assist the Executive Director as needed with general administrative tasks such as grant writing, editing, reporting, correspondence
- Grant reporting
- Produce, distribute and submit to the Diocese, the annual vestry package
- Ensure annual inspections of the fire extinguishers, cemetery safety compliance and pest control
- Supervise and schedule custodial staff and ensure that the main office and church are kept tidy and clutter free
- Stock and maintain janitorial, office and bathroom supplies
- Keep up to date on user group contracts, schedules, requests and rental payments
- Assist the staff and volunteers enabling them to execute their ministries
- Assist the Executive Director and Incumbent with planning and executing of special events and services throughout the year.
- Administrate the Cemetery and serve on the cemetery board
- Help plan and oversee the annual Cemetery Memorial Service
- Maintain and update the church directory and other communication lists
- Assist the Treasure in the preparation of materials for the annual financial audit
- Assist with bookkeeping and financial reporting as required
Ministry Focus Statement
The contribution I make to the life of Light on the Hill is to help ensure the smooth operations of the church, assist the volunteers and staff execute their ministries and to facilitate communication with the congregation.
I am personally accountable and responsible for:
- The completion of all administrative tasks outlined above
- Providing support for the Pastor(s), Executive Director and Wardens as needed.
- Maintaining open lines of communication with the congregation
- Achieving a personal work/life balance (family, personal health/fitness).
Executive Director, Accountant/Bookkeeper and Sr. Pastor
- Performance Feedback
- Continued dialogue
- Annual feedback from Wardens, Incumbent and E.D.
- Tasks completed in a timely manner
- Ongoing feedback received from E.D. and Incumbent