Hours of Work Per Week: 36
Scheduled Hours: 9am to 9pm (or as required) working 4 shifts-on, 4 shifts-off
Compensation: $17.39 - $20.00 /Hour
336-38 Westlock A-Team (may work split shifts between 2+ Westlock programs)
This long-term program mentors persons with developmental disabilities to maximize their independence, further develop their unique strengths and enjoy community integration through social and recreational activities.
* * The client in this program smokes - the support worker must be alright working in this environment * *
The Disability Support Worker will support the client(s) with daily living activities (meal preparation, household chores, laundry, etc.) and community access (accessing transportation to educational, recreation and community programs/events).
In Your Role You Will
• Encourage client in achieving Individual Support Plan (ISP) goals, support them during setbacks and celebrate their successes.
• Assist individuals, according to functioning abilities, with hygiene, personal care and daily living skills - such as preparing meals.
• Drive person in care (in your own vehicle) and supervise/participate with the client in recreational, leisure, vocational (training/employment) activities in the community.
• Assist individual with behavioural, emotional and social needs/skills
• Administer medication, first aid if/when necessary.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Experience working with developmental disability, mental illness (or home care, PSW, Education Assistant)
• High School Diploma
• MUST HAVE - Class 5 Driver’s License; reliable vehicle, clean driver’s abstract and adequate insurance
• Skills in coaching/assisting individuals in life skills, anger management, daily chores, self help & problem solving, etc.
• Must be physically able to do lifts/transfers and be able to provide personal care, such as bathing, etc.
• Committed to philosophies and principles of community based living for individuals in service.
• Good computer skills - as all files are electronic
What WJS Canada does
• Make a positive difference in the lives of the people you serve.
• Provide standard-setting service.
• Enhance and strengthen your community.
• Enjoy a challenging, safe, healthy and rewarding workplace.
Our Employees Enjoy
• A fair and equitable wage.
• Programming that meets current best practices.
• Innovation that sets and defines new standards of care.
• An empowering balance of independence and supervision.
• Staff training and career development.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!