A world free of the effects of diabetes is our vision. That’s why we’re working together to improve the quality of life of people living with diabetes. We’re sharing knowledge and creating connections for individuals and the health-care professionals who care for them; advocating through public policy; and funding research to improve treatments and find a cure to end diabetes.
Join our dedicated, talented Diabetes Canada team and together, #LetsEndDiabetes!
Reporting to the Regional Director, the role of the Manager is to build relationships with community stakeholders, community event sponsors, foundations, and community fundraisers in the region, raising funds for Diabetes Canada’s mission to lead the fight against diabetes by helping those affected by diabetes to live healthy lives, preventing the onset and consequences of diabetes and discovering a cure.
This is a team leader role that includes 2 direct reports (Program Development Coordinators part of the B.C. Government and Service Employees’ Union – BCGEU) and will be responsible for meeting or exceeding revenue targets and growing mutually beneficial partnerships.
Location: Accepting candidate applications for our office in Vancouver, British Columbia.
This role includes, but not limited to:
- Manage a regional-based team of coordinators and ensure they are supported with the tools and processes for them to achieve their revenue targets
- Achieve or exceed annual revenue targets by identifying, cultivating, and soliciting current donors/ fundraisers (3rd party fundraisers, Lace Up Participants, and, local events and event sponsors).
- Manage and cultivate a diverse portfolio of prospects and develop compelling proposals that will build partnerships and ensure an active prospect pipeline within the Community Fundraising and Events portfolio.
- Identify and articulate value proposition for prospects that creates a win-win solution designed to address the partner's interests.
- Work with Community Fundraising and Events Team to develop accurate revenue forecasting and work closely with cross-team colleagues to identify funding and recognition opportunities.
- Maintain a high degree of respect, integrity, excellence, and innovation while taking a collaborative approach to relationship building with external partners and supporters consistent with the values of Diabetes Canada.
- Manage relationships utilizing Diabetes Canada’s management database (D-HUB); records and reports associated with all assigned accounts.
- Work closely with Diabetes Canada’s Corporate Partnerships and Major Gift teams to ensure effective coordination of prospects and related activities, including active participation in Diabetes Canada’s prospect relationship management system.
The ideal candidate possesses:
- Post-secondary education with a focus in marketing, business, or related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years business development or fundraising experience.
- Previous experience in managing direct reports preferred but not required.
- Ability to develop, enhance and deliver impactful presentations in a result driven style to various audiences and partnerships.
- Advanced written and oral communication skills and the ability to synthesize complex information into compelling and strategic material.
- Professionalism, judgement, and discretion in dealing with confidential and sensitive matters are essential.
- Willingness to learn and take on additional responsibilities as needed.
- Open persuasive communication style, and strong teamwork skills.
- Sound technical abilities, including experience with Microsoft Office software applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook) and donor databases.
What Diabetes Canada Can Offer You
- A meaningful role, making a difference every day for people living with or at risk of diabetes.
- An entrepreneurial environment, working for a national organization where you feel valued, recognized and rewarded.
- A high-performing, collaborative team environment with proven leadership and highly skilled colleagues and commitment to excellent work culture.
- Competitive paid time-off benefits and a comprehensive group benefits plan, including health/dental, life insurance, disability, EFAP and company-match Pension/RRSP.
- Flexible work agreement policy in place allows employees to work regularly remote and/or hybrid schedule.
About the Application Process
- If you are already on Diabetes Canada’s job posting site, click on the “Apply Now” button found at the bottom-left of this screen.
- You will be required to complete a very brief questionnaire and submit your résumé and covering letter.
- If you are not on DC’s job posting site, go to the webpage: https://www.diabetes.ca/careers and click on “View Job Openings”.
- If you experience any issues with the application process, please contact us at: DCHR@diabetes.ca
Safe Place to Work - Diabetes Canada is committed to protecting the health and safety of our stakeholders and mitigating the risk of COVID-19 spread. A mandatory COVID-19 vaccination program is in place and provides direction on the conditions under which individuals are permitted to be employed with DC.