A leader in hospice palliative care service, Hospice Waterloo Region has opened a new facility, located in North Waterloo that provides community outreach and residence hospice services. The Events Coordinator is an important member of the Development Team, working collaboratively to help achieve the fund raising objectives of the organization. Working as a member of the Fund Development Team, this position is responsible for the administration, coordination, and logistics of Hospice Waterloo Region’s signature fundraising and organizational events, as well as support for community (third party) fundraisers.
POSITION SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the planning, logistics, marketing, budgeting, and success of Hospice’s current three annual signature events
- Provide support and assistance with the planning and execution of organizational events including volunteer recognition, AGM, etc.
- Work with the Development Team in sourcing and securing event sponsorship
- Maintain a resource listing and contact information for local venues
- Obtain and negotiate supplier/vendor agreements for all events
- Collaborate with Client Services Team to source volunteers for event committee positions and day-of-event volunteer support
- Oversee event committees and delegation of duties to event volunteers including preparing and distributing committee minutes and supporting documents
- Provide day-of-event leadership for signature events
- Prepare post event wrap up, evaluation data and statistics and produce final, analytical reports
- Work in collaboration with the Development Team to identify communication, marketing and social media needs for events
- Manage on-line and manual registrations for events and respond to queries regarding event details
- Work with Microsoft Office, Constant Contact, Donor Perfect, AKA Raisin and Survey Monkey to maintain and/or update participant and/or donor databases and mailing lists.
- Ensure appropriate and timely thank you and recognition for event participants, committee members, volunteers, and sponsors
RESPONSIBILITIES SHARED BY ALL HOSPICE STAFF
- Demonstrate and encourage a team based professional working environment that empowers staff to be collectively responsible for meeting the HWR mission and vision
- Contribute to overall operations by embracing change and innovation
- Maintain an awareness of best practices and standards for all HWR activities
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with partners and the wider community
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Post-secondary studies in Event Management or other related field
- Minimum of 2 years of event experience required. Previous experience related to health care sector and/or non-profit organizations preferred
- Technically proficient with computers, MS Office products, and specialty software including Hootsuite and Canva. Experience with fundraising databases an asset.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent communication skills including courtesy, tact, discretion, providing details explanations, interpretation and diplomacy
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements and environment, and to work independently
- Ability to multi-task, manage time constraints, quality pressures and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated and committed, with excellent organizational skills
- Diplomacy with the ability to work in a manner that preserves, maintains and respects confidentiality of participants, clients, and staff information
- Respect and value for the diversity of communities and individuals
- Participation in internal and external professional development opportunities to enhance skills and abilities
- Knowledge of Waterloo Region an asset
- Available to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is require.