Hamilton Health Sciences is a family of six unique hospitals and a cancer centre serving more than 2.3 million residents of south central Ontario. Hamilton Health Sciences offers a range of acute and specialized services, catering to health care needs from birth through to end of life care. Each of our hospitals has specific areas of expertise and together, Hamilton Health Sciences is one of the most comprehensive health care systems in Canada, the second largest hospital in Ontario and an academic teaching hospital affiliated with both McMaster University and Mohawk College.
Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation (HHSF) is a charitable organization raising funds to support the health care programs and services of the Hamilton Health Sciences (HHS).
HHSF is committed to a values based work environment that is characterized by:
Caring: by our pursuit of a donor centered fundraising environment and the team environment
in which we work
Respect: for our donors our volunteers and each other
Innovation: by our celebration of new ideas and challenges
Accountability: by our transparency as a corporate entity and our commitment to meet the needs of our partner hospital.
HHSF is committed to the Donor Bill of Rights and to being a donor-centered organization. All members of the HHS Foundation Staff Team support development activities by ensuring the maintenance of accurate records of information in the Raiser’s Edge database. HHSF is committed to protecting the privacy of our donors and prospects.
Working within this value system the duties of the Donor Services Coordinator will include but not be limited to the description as follows.
Reporting to the Manager, Donor Services the Donor Services Coordinator is a key member of the Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation Corporate Services team, providing administrative and data support to contribute significantly to the effective and efficient operations of a busy Foundation. They will provide exceptional donor service by administering, managing and reporting on donor and gift information, by ensuring accurate data entry and timely acknowledgement of gifts.
• Assist with all functions within gift processing, including data entry, importing records, setting up new constituents, data clean up
• Enter donor and gift information and maintain accurate and up to date records in Raiser’s Edge
• Process gifts through Import-O-Matic within Raiser’s Edge
• Assist with data integrity projects as assigned
• Manage the Foundation’s office reception, central phone line, email accounts, and responding to visitors and enquiries in a timely manner
• Deliver outstanding donor support utilizing developed listening skills, attention to detail, thoroughness and empathy
• Prepare bank deposits daily which includes opening, sorting and batching incoming mail
• Print, fold, and mail tax receipts to donors
• Respond and fulfill in lieu and in memory requests, and other donor and volunteer requests
• Research obituaries and setup constituents
• Ensure all procedural documents that relate to this position are kept up to date and reviewed annually
• Adhere to privacy legislation and CRA guidelines for charitable giving and receipting
• Offer good customer service to donor and problem solving in a timely fashion
• Assist with coordination of Office Supply purchases
• Works on special projects and related duties as required
Direct: Manager, Donor Services
Indirect: Director, Data Management & Vice President, Finance
• 1 – 3 years relevant experience in administrative support
• University / College diploma in Business Administration (or equivalent)
• Experience with Raiser’s Edge (or equivalent) an asset
• Superior data entry skills, with exposure to data analysis
• Advance computer skills in utilizing Microsoft Office program (Excel, Word, Outlook), and databases or CMS
• Superior communication skills (oral and written)
• Strong customer services oriented approach
• Strong motivational, organizational, time management and problem solving skills
• Ability to work independently and also collaborate effectively in a team environment
• Ability to effectively multi-task, prioritize competing demands and meet deadlines
• Accuracy and attention to detail; good judgement and discretion in dealing with confidential information
Location of work is 1 King St. West, Hamilton, ON and the Foundation will follow all public health guidelines with respect to COVID-19.
HHSF is an equal opportunity employer and will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application process, please contact Heather Slye (905.521.2100 x 44624 or ) for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during the interview, the applicant will need to advise Heather Slye when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
Proof of full COVID vaccination is mandatory for employment with Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!