The Outreach Coordinator will help implement The Refugee Centre’s (TRC) overall networking and outreach strategy. Reporting to the Executive Director and working closely with the Communications Coordinator, you will work collaboratively with the team to develop and implement networking & fundraising strategies which will broaden TRC’s impact and overall messaging.
- Collaborate with the management and staff to develop strong networking & fundraising strategies that will broaden reach and deepen the impact of the Refugee Centre.
- Create new networking opportunities with government and NGO's through events and meetings; as well as maintain and strengthen current ones.
- Work closely with the Communications Coordinator; with regards to press releases, promotional materials, podcast outreach and event logistics.
- Work with the Executive Director to implement quarterly strategies;
- Represent the Refugee Centre's best interests at public events and private meetings with other organizations.
- Develop and implement strategies that will enhance visibility and awareness of the TRC’s impact with members, the community and our partners.
- Responsible for seeking additional funds for the organization via grant writing as well as planning and implementing fundraising events.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of women’s readiness program
Skills and Experience Required
- Preferred bachelors in a discipline relevant to Communications, Journalism, Political Science or other related fields.
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written, preferably in the 2 official languages
- (French, English); Knowledge of a third language is an asset.
- Ability to communicate messages in a professional and engaging manner;
- Exceptional organizational abilities and time management skills, ability to meet deadlines, multi-task and prioritize workload;
- Experience in developing, implementing and evaluating outreach plans and materials;
- Strong computer skills and excellent knowledge of MS Office, Adobe and Google programs;
- Period: 1-year contract, beginning as soon as possible.
- Employment Condition: 35 hours per week with a probation period of 3 months, then a full-time position pending performance. Working schedule from Monday to Friday, l exceptions might occur outside work hours depending on events.