Prince George Family YMCA
Permanent Full Time
What you will gain
Starting 3 weeks annual vacation
Paid sick days
Sick days for family members
Annual YMCA Pension Contribution of 5%
Discount on child care (Excluding infant and toddler care)
Responsibilities and abilities
Reporting to the Centre Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for cleaning and light maintenance of the YMCA Membership Centre in Prince George. In this role, you will work with staff and volunteers ensuring facility standards of cleanliness are met. This position requires a strong understanding of cleaning practices and standards and ability to complete light general maintenance duties. An efficient, highly organized, attention to detail, goal orientated candidate is required. This position also has the potential for career path development and advancement within the Maintenance and Housekeeping department.
Supports and implements daily, weekly, monthly, and annual maintenance and cleaning plans to meet facility standards.
- Co-ordinate and report on daily, weekly, and monthly activities as required or requested.
- Supports overall operations of a YMCA Membership Centre.
- Acts as a shift duty manager as required.
- Provides opportunities to staff and volunteers to receive training, feedback and recognition for meeting standards.
- Maintains a strong understanding of the facility operations including peak times, program schedules, events and plans for cleaning and maintenance activities appropriately.
- Follow policies and procedures while improving and enhancing opportunities to meet standards.
- Is responsible for the safety and security of members/participants.
- Maintain current qualifications as required by this position and follow the YMCA policies and practices.
- Be able to support the housekeeping department, with weekends and evenings and emergency requests.
- Scheduling, training, coaching, and supervision of housekeeping staff.
- Attends staff meetings, planning sessions and training events as required.
- A combination of experience and training related to cleaning, training and supervision of staff; including, formal training or significant relevant experience.
- Communication skills to facilitate interdepartmental cooperation and support as well as supervision and coaching of housekeeping staff.
- Clear Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Search
- Current first aid and CPR certification
- Experience working in a recreation or health services related facility or similar public venue will be considered an asset.
In addition to bringing a commitment to YMCA vision and values, and an orientation to service, the candidate should possess the following competencies:
- Leadership/Coaching – Ability to direct and develop performance of others to achieve desired result.
- Service Strategy – Ability to identify the needs and wants of members/participants as a priority and respond in an effective and timely manner to enhance every person’s YMCA experience.
- Initiative/Enthusiasm/Innovation – Ability to manage and lead in order to achieve and exceed identified goals.
- Project Resource Management: Ability to manage a project from initial planning to completion.
- Planning/Organizing – Ability to establish a clearly defined and effective course of action for self and others to accomplish short and long term goals.
- Problem Solving – Ability to identify an issue, gathers and processes relevant information, determine possible solutions, selects appropriate responses and implements and evaluates them.
- Negotiation/Communication/Interpersonal Skills - Able to speak, write, listen and secure information in a variety of settings. Ability to cooperate with others to achieve results. Ability to create and build relationships inside and outside the organization.