Position Purpose Summary:
The Maintenance Worker provides upkeep and regular maintenance of the building and various other holdings under the direction of the Director of Environmental Services.
- Conducts minor troubleshooting of buildings, furniture and electrical and plumbing fixtures; reports safety concerns and major repair issues
- Performs minor repairs in a variety of trades such as electrical, carpentry, dry walling, plumbing and painting
- Ensures the general upkeep of external property, including pressure-washing sidewalks, alleys and underground parking lot, keeping sidewalks clear of snow and ice, picking up litter, cleaning rooftops, sweeping sidewalks, and removing graffiti
- Monitors and cleans or unplugs as necessary washroom fixtures, drains and exhaust fans
- Monitors preventative maintenance procedures for related equipment, recommends repairs and purchases as required
- Ensures donations and supplies are properly received, stored, and/or redistributed to the appropriate department; organizes storage spaces
- Cleans all walk-in coolers and kitchen refrigerators
- Inspects sleeping rooms, offices and common areas for bed bugs and cleans or disposes furniture or other articles as required
- Moves and sets up furniture as required
- Changes ceiling tiles
- Helps load trucks for delivery to the dump or transfer stations
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education requirements:
*NOTE: For some jobs, you may be required to provide validated educational documentation.
- The successful job applicant will have completed High School, plus specialized courses of up to 6 months
- One year of prior related experience, including custodial and general repairs (i.e. electrical & plumbing) experience
HOURS: Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Successful candidates, prior to hiring, may be required to provide:
- Background check consent.
- A clear vulnerable sector screening.
- A clean drivers abstract.
- Completion of our online Armatus Abuse Training and required Health and Safety training.