Administrative Assistant - R.W Tegler Youth Centre
Title : Administrative Assistant
Reports to : Tegler Youth Centre Program Manager
Based at : Hope Mission’s RW Tegler Youth Centre (3805 118 Ave NW)
Hours of work : 9 am - 5 pm, Monday - Friday.
As we provide programming and services in the after-school hours, all staff must be available to work
evenings and Saturdays for special events as needed.
Hope Mission is a non-denominational Christian inner-city rescue mission based in Edmonton, Alberta. Hope Mission also has branches in Calgary, Red Deer, Wetaskiwin, and 2 summer camps.
Mission Statement: Hope Mission exists to serve, strengthen, and uplift men, women, children and youth through the life-changing gospel of Jesus Christ.
Hope Mission has a vision that men, women, youth and children who come to our doors
would come to know Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Saviour.
This vision can be fulfilled only if all staff are diligent in serving, strengthening and uplifting people
in the name of Jesus Christ.
Job Summary: The R.W. Tegler Youth Centre provides programs, meals, and care to children, youth and families across north Edmonton. The Administrative Assistant supports the Program Manager and team to ensure the day to day administration activities are developed and maintained in order that the ministries and programs can continue to run as smoothly as possible.
- Leadership: Lead through serving.
- Communication: Maintain clear communication within Hope Mission: Program Manager, the outreach team, purchaser, HR, Accounting, and with participants of the programs.
- Team Work: Active participation in staff meetings and functions. Serve, strengthen, and uplift other team members.
- Faithful, Available, and Teachable: Serve with faithfulness and excellence. Be consistent in work and willing to grow in character and skill. Be willing and ready to serve, strengthen, and uplift people in the name of Jesus Christ.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administrative Support: Assist the Tegler Program Manager in administering all facets of Tegler’s business and fiscal affairs (Petty Cash, Purchase Orders, Capital Expenditures, Invoices, Donations, etc). Ensure the daily operations of the office are managed in accordance with Hope Mission policies and procedures.
- Reception: Answer the phones and manage the front desk with a warm and friendly presence while providing accurate information to inquiries. Assist families with food support as requested. Coordinate internal and external resource referral information for people who come through the doors. Be ready and willing to lend a listening ear and direct people to appropriate services.
- Inventory: Maintain an inventory of all property.
Timekeeping: Assist with compiling and submission of monthly timesheets to payroll.
- Database: Upkeep and maintain records for clients, staff members, volunteers and special events. Retrieve client, staff member, volunteer and special event information when needed.
- Donations: Receive donations and respond in kind to our donors as per policies and procedures of Hope Mission.
- Outreach Ministry: Assist the Tegler Program Manager in the planning and organizing of special events. Support the ministry team as they run programs to children, youth and families. Develop relationships with the children, youth and families who come to Hope Mission programs. Be available to join in program on occasion when there are staff away.
Volunteers: Assist the Tegler Program Manager in the screening, follow-up, and communication with volunteers.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned by the Tegler Youth Centre Program Manager
Minimum Qualifications & Skills:
- Ministry Experience: Relevant experience in ministry involving administration, leadership, children, youth, and outreach. Understanding of various challenges of those “at risk” and able to handle relevant reports.
- Administrative Experience: Training or experience in managing business and fiscal affairs. Experience with Office Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Media).
- Self-Starter, Team Player, Multi-tasking, Flexible: Able to manage competing priorities and multiple activities, events, and situations. Works well under pressure and requires minimal supervision.
- Education: University degree in Business Administration, related fields or Ministry Degree an asset.
- Being a Christian Organization we require our employees to be in agreement and sign the Hope Mission Statement of Faith.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada on a full-time basis.
- Able to provide Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Search and a Child Intervention Record Check
- To support our staff and the vulnerable population we serve, we require new hires to be fully vaccinated.
- A letter of reference from a ministry or church is an asset
- Adherence to Hope Mission’s Policies and Procedures.
START DATE: Immediately.