The Child Care Educator works as a team member and is directly responsible to the Program Director. The Child Care Educator role primarily consists of implementing individualized intervention plans for the youth in care, while overseeing a group of youth. The Child Care Educator works professionally showing respect, support and consideration for both the team members and clients, acting as an appropriate role model for youth in care and their families.
The candidate must be able to fulfil the following list of duties and responsibilities:
• To act in a supportive role to ensure the safety and security of all youth in our care, and their basic needs are met.
• To guide youth in fulfilling their basic expectations of the program i.e.: chores, study hour, hygiene etc.
• To assist youth in achieving their educational, vocational, employment and personal goals.
• To implement the house rules, expectations, consequences etc.
• To attend team meetings when scheduled.
• To participate in supervision meetings.
• To participate in the observation, assessment and evaluation of the youth’s behaviour, and to make necessary recordings of the work and events in the youth’s life.
• To attend meetings, conferences, visits etc. when requested by the Program Director.
The potential candidate should possess the following abilities:
• To support and maintain a healthy, therapeutic environment.
• To establish and maintain effective therapeutic relationships with youth in care, their families and other important persons in the youth’s life, and to participate in the youth’s re-education through the utilization of daily life events.
• To be able to intervene in crisis-like situations helping youth and their family develop skills, attitudes and values necessary for effective living.
• To organize and animate therapeutic program activities for youth in the home, and to participate in all activities.
• To support and ensure the effective functioning and general administration of Teen Haven.
Requirements and Salary:
• Minimally, a CEGEP diploma.
• Must pass a police background check.
• Part-time position requiring flexibility, minimum 15.5 every two weeks (2 shifts).
• Shifts include days, evenings and weekends. Must be available to work every other weekend.
• Salary is based on Echelon Scale ranging $16.94-$23.44 (included on each pay is; 5.7% statutory holiday and 2.43% sick days. Vacation pay is 4% and is cumulative).
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!